// twenty-three //

•Heart Full Of Void•

••••••

••••••

C A R L A 'S  H O U S E always exceeded Reina's imagination. It was big, bright and welcome unlike her own home, so cold and unfamiliar. The blonde grabbed the two girls after school, driving them all to their mansion to catch up and have some fun. How much fun Reina could feel was a mystery she couldn't wait to see.

Marina seemed awkward with the two friends, who, unlike with her, remained close all these years. She felt like a third shoe, but it wasn't like she actually came to have fun - Marina had a motive up her sleeve, one that would eventually ruin her friendships with the girls. She didn't feel much for Carla, but it was harder to betray Reina like this, a girl, who was already lied to and betrayed by her closest family.

The redhead Nunier didn't stop, though. Carla unlocked the door to her house, leading the girls into a big open entrance room. Marina closed the door as Carla turned at the two with a wide grin on her face. To Reina, Carla was always aloof and strong, but that's why Reina admired the marchioness, who was now going out with two guys. "Carla, thanks for everything," Marina then spoke up, leaving the blonde girl to grin widely.

"No worries. It's the least I could do," Carla commented genuinely as she faced Reina, who was busy looking around.

The security system began to beep, signaling that there were intruders in their home so Carla passed the girls and went to put in a code as Marina stared at it. Reina didn't take it as anything, even when it was a little weird how much Marina tried to see.

The red button switched to green and the siren went out, causing Carla to turn around with a big smile on her face. She walked over to the females, grabbing them by their arms as they entered the living room. "Let's have a drink," Carla suggested, but Reina already knew she had to decline.

Carla put her keys among other similar stuff, facing the girls in excitement. "Yeah, sure," Marina agreed as Reina turned at the blonde, leaving Marina to look at the keys very well.

"I can't."

"Hm, yeah, I know, I'll get you a soda," Carla whispered in sympathy, putting her bag on the couch, causing the other two girls to follow. "Beer or wine? My mother speaks highly of the last harvest."

Reina watched Carla approach their mini bar as her phone suddenly rang. "Wine it is, then," Marina spoke, glancing at Reina with an odd smile. Marina hoped Reina to leave just like Carla since she had to do what she wanted alone. "Aren't you going to answer that?"