// twenty-nine //

•The New Great Depression•

••••••

••••••

Warning: Sensitive and Triggering Material below

A 12 Y E A R O L D Reina felt perplexed for the first time in her life. The reason being an accidental kiss to the lips from her best friend Ander. It was unexpected, really, one moment the two were on their phones, taking silly pictures of each other, the next his lips lingered on hers as both had no idea what to do.

Reina didn't push him away, though, allowing them both to swallow the fact that it was their first ever kiss, so innocent and shy. She loved Ander since she could barely remember a thing, but the kiss changed almost everything. Reina began to see the soft eyed, curly haired, dimple smiled friend as a boy. One who took a first step to approach her as a girl.

One thought after another led Reina to develop romantic feelings for Ander, and it was as quick as, 4 years later, that love she once started feeling died.

Reina was walking through an empty street, her whole body fatigued, but her emotions kept her moving, knowing that if she stopped for even a second she'd fall down.

The image of Ander with another, a boy, continued to linger in front of her eyes as if she was right next to them, enjoying the first class ticket in seeing who Ander actually was. He was gay, but that was last of Reina's worries.

What hurt her more was that she thought their relationship was based solely on Ander hiding his sexuality and that he never was actually in love with her. That he stayed with her until a boy he actually liked came into his life. Nadia's brother. Ander really had her fooled with his actions and all those nice memories.

Reina felt pain shoot in her knee so she stopped with a groan, resting her arm against a pole to massage her hurting spot. She breathed out shakily, her breaths still a little rugged from the panic attack Ander caused her.

This was his big lie. A thing he couldn't tell her until she found out by herself. What did Ander think? That he'd be able to take this secret to his grave? Reina wanted to laugh at such thought, because somehow one day she would've found out and it would've hurt her just as much as it did that day.

Reina closed her eyes and pursed her lips into a thin line, trying not to cry again. She didn't want to waste her tears for a liar and a cheater, but Ander managed to hurt her more than Alejandro ever did.

Everyone kept disappointing her so Reina began to feel like it was her own fault.

And this thought drowned her into a deeper bottom, one where she couldn't see the light anymore.