// thirty //

•Where Your Secrets Hide•

••••••

••••••

S U S A N A 'S  L O O K  hasn't been this unwelcome for a long time. Reina had a clue as to why when she woke up a little less drunk at the backseat of Alejandro's car. The hangover was the worst thing she could possibly add to her emotional being, but even then the nausea and head throbbing didn't pass her inner pain.

Alejandro was quiet, but from his look she could see the demons he was fighting inside. The twins were sent to their room with a threat not to walk out as Susana allowed Reina to shower and change into clean clothes. The hot shower made Reina dizzy again, but she turned it cold and became slightly better. The shivering continued even when she got into warm clothing, leaving her room quietly as she could hear her parents talk in the living room.

Reina stopped in the doorway, listening. She was still half drunk, but not much to not understand the conversation awaiting her. "We can't talk about this right now, she's still intoxicated," Susana snapped quietly, just as mad at Alejandro as at Reina. The redhead felt bad she did this, because it made Susana worry and think lots of things. "Let her sleep and we'll talk tomorrow morning like civilized people."

"Reina's not civilized even if she sobers up," Alejandro argued angrily, talking in a hushed tone as Reina took her phone into her hands to see a bunch of missed calls and text messages from Ander. The stinging came back when she realized that he never once texted her this much when they were still together. It took her to loose him to finally get something. Reina bit her bottom lip, her whole body shivering. "You should've seen in what state I found her! She was drunk, locked herself in a bathroom from some psychopath-"

Susana gasped that moment, but Alejandro didn't let her intervene as he tried to prove his point. "Good thing is that the alcohol opened up something in her small brain and she understood in what position she put herself in-"

"No, she was put in this situation and used. You think our daughter would get drunk on her own account?" Susana snapped, believing that her daughter was still too innocent to do something like this. Reina wanted to tell the truth, but continued to listen, feeling a few more new messages pop up from Ander.

Reina sighed slightly, finally bracing to read them. All of them held his sorry's, others told how worried he was she wasn't answering him. Some just begged for her to be okay. Reina locked her phone then, resting her head against the wall as she tried hard not to start crying. "I don't even know anymore, Susana," Alejandro stated dully as a small pause followed. "Our daughter had literally reached rock bottom."

"Where's Ander?" Susana then questioned, again clueless even to this so Reina sighed, finally showing herself to her parents, who both immediately looked at her. Reina thought Susana would jump up from the couch and hug her, but even her loving mother seemed to grow cold that second.