// fifteen //

•Affection•

••••••

••••••

R E I N A got out of the taxi, finding Ander stand besides the fence, holding his arm in another, eyes glazed and hurt. As Reina approached her boyfriend, she didn't even know what to tell him, simply growing out of things to say. "Is your dad home?" Ander then asked, giving her relief as she remembered his plans for the night.

The girl shook her head then, wanting to scream out Alejandro's lies. Everyone continued lying to her - her dad, Ander, even Mateo seemed to keep some things to himself. She had no idea who to trust anymore besides herself. "No, he went to a dinner," she lied Alejandro's lie, looking down at Ander's shaky right hand. "What happened?"

Ander flinched and hissed when Reina placed her hand on his clearly injured hand, his good hand, one with which he played tennis so Reina frowned upon seeing it. "It's swollen," she mused worriedly, leaving the boy to only stare at her, guilt consuming his handsome features. She cared so much and he had the guts to lie to her.

They built a beautiful relationship through these years, before Ander could realize his true feelings. When he did, it was too late.

"How did you hurt it?" Reina met his teary eyes, not understanding whether he was emotional from the pain or something else, but his vulnerable look made her immediately swoon. Reina placed her hand on his cheek, making him face her again as Ander only let out a tear, leaving Reina shocked at his emotional state. "Hey... Let's go inside? You'll stay the night here."

Ander nodded gently, even if he wanted to ask what if Alejandro came back home and saw. He'd freak, but Reina's confidence to let him stay made the guy believe that Alejandro either was better or he wouldn't come home that night. Ander believed in the second option more.

Reina entered her code, the fence opening as she led Ander inside, the guy groaning from his hurt hand as they moved through the lit pathway towards her house.

The two were quiet, Reina continuously glancing to make sure he was still alright, but Ander seemed silent, eyes darted to the ground, those beautiful browns that she only wanted to shine. "We have to be quiet. Mama hears everything," Reina whispered by the door, entering another code and opening the door as quietly as possible.

It wasn't their first time sneaking, but never this late nor with Alejandro in the country. Reina just used to be too scared, afraid she'd jeopardize their relationship if she went against Alejandro's rules.

Thankfully, her bedroom was nearby so Reina opened the door and allowed Ander to enter first before Susana sticked her head out of her bedroom, eyes sleepy and relieved to see her daughter back in one piece. "Hey, you alright, darling?" Susana mused quietly with a squinted expression, the hallway's light too bright.