// seven //

Torn

••••••

••••••

T H E M O N T E S I N O S household seemed to amaze Reina every time she stepped foot inside. Reina's own home was one from the magazines, but the way Lucrecia's house played with light and glass made Reina want to live there. Also, Lu's house was often empty since her parents traveled a lot for their meetings and her infamous half-brother that Reina didn't miss at all was across the ocean, at a boarding school.

Lu's heels were loud on the ground as she lead Reina into the living room, laptops and cameras prepared like they were going to do a photoshoot. "Wow, you sure know how to do a project," Reina chuckled, placing her bag on the white couch before she made herself comfortable.

"Honey, this is nothing, really. Last year, I had to organize a party in this house by my father's request for all the paparazzi and his colleagues, now that was a real headache. Of course, it went amazing," Lu said quickly as she stood by the bar, fixing them martinis so the redhead stood up.

"Lu, not for me. Dad's home so I can't drink."

"I know, silly, they're both for me," Lu chuckled taking both glasses as she approached the couch and sat down, keeping only one glass in her hand so Reina rolled her eyes playfully, sitting back down. "Don't you rebel when he's back? You should get drunk then."

Reina shook her head, leaving Lu to muse and take a sip. "Well, if he's so uptight... I guess you can skip today," Lu then commented, meeting the eyes of Reina, who seemed to look upsetter than she was when she entered.

Lu was aware of the situation between her and Alejandro, and she wanted to punch the man for his parenting style, but at least he was home sometimes, unlike her own dad. "We should get to work, hm?" Reina asked curiously, taking Lu's laptop into her hands, placing it on her lap and looking into Lu's already started work. "You don't rest, I see."

The Montesinos female finished her martini glass before standing up to sit next to her best friend. Lu noticed that Reina was reading what Lu had written about her and it was way too nice for the reality, but Reina appropriated Lu's need to keep the darkness away. "Seems like you've finished," Reina said silently as their eyes met once again, Lu frowning slightly.

"Ugh, don't look so sad all the time!" Lucrecia exclaimed, taking the laptop out of Reina's hands and putting it on the coffee table. Reina widened her eyes when Lu wrapped her arm around Reina's neck, bringing her closer. "I knew you were having troubles at home so I decided to spare you some time and instead of working you can talk to me."

Reina sighed, wanting to pull away, but Lu's hold was weirdly strong so Reina was left to lay against her friend's boob. "Well, maybe I wanted to work to stop thinking about my problems? Did you think about that?" she asked bitterly, causing Lu to chuckle and it rang throughout Reina's body like tickles.