// thirty-two //

•Pick Your Heart Where You Left It•

••••••

••••••

D E S P I T E T H E L O U D M U S I C Reina's thoughts were clear as a silent winter morning. She stood in the decorated gym room, surrounded by a bunch of happy teenagers, all without worries unlike her. Reina was jealous others lived their best years with smiles on their faces, surrounded by honest friends and significant others, who didn't pretend with them.

People, who were like another family to compensate the real living hell of a family.

Reina watched Marina dance alone in the swarm of teens, looking lonely and sad, but the Nunier's facial expression didn't give Reina the fact that Marina was even lonelier than the redhead Ojeda. Reina wished she had seen it better, but instead she dwelled in the flask, finally taking it out and taking a sip of Mateo's whiskey.

Her throat burned painfully, but it took some of her inner demons away so Reina screwed everything and swung the flask up, taking another gulp until somebody snatched it right from her mouth.

Reina gaped angrily, liquid going down her chin and neck, landing onto her dress as she raised her eyes up to see a dull Guzman and Polo next to the blond Nunier. "What the hell are you doing?" Guzman snapped, taking a sniff of her flask in his hand before grimacing.

Reina glared at the two males, having enough of Guzman's controlling nature and Polo's need to follow the blond's every word like she used to. "What does it matter to you, now give it back until some teacher sees," Reina mused dully, wiping her drooling chin and grabbing her flask back into her hand.

She clasped the lid on and put it back into her purse, meeting their confused eyes again. "Reina, we're worried about you," Polo began, meeting Guzman's serious eyes before both landed their irises on the female they had cornered.

The Ojeda female chuckled dully, hugging herself as if not comfortable by their sudden need to look after her, even if they never stopped. "Well... You don't have to be."

Guzman clicked his tongue, annoyed by her double standard. "We are, didn't you want us to be there more for you? And now when we are you want to push us away," he commented seriously, trying to save at least one friend since he was done with his sister.

Polo nodded in agreement, leaving Reina to see some truth in their words, but at the same time not. "I didn't ask to be looked after," she told them seriously, feeling the alcohol kick inside her like a coping mechanism. "All I wanted for you to be honest with me, but none of you were. Ander must have told you how I found out."

Both males grew quiet, seeing Reina's piercing stare, which proved that she was right all along. "Yes, I found out by seeing him with Omar... All of you knew and nobody was kind enough to share it when I asked honestly," she mused in pain, the alcohol opening up her emotions she had suppressed. "Leave me alone."