// nine //

•At a Dinner Table•

••••••

••••••

T H E  D I N N E R S  A T the Travallos-Ojeda household was something Ander loathed to be invited to. Of course, it was a rare occasion of Alejandro to be home, especially to invite him, but Ander knew that this time also he wasn't supposed to expect anything nice from Reina's dad. He was controlling, too much, and Ander felt horrible the redhead had someone like that as her birth giver, but thankfully, Susana was nothing like Alejandro.

Ander got out of the uber, standing near the gates of Reina's enormous residence, modern and cold, compared to his own house, but he knew the house matched the persona of Alejandro - a father-in-law no sane person would ever want.

The guy sighed, checking his phone for any message from Omar, feeling guilty once again before he muted his phone, ringing the gates for someone to open. "Yes?" Ander heard Gabriela's dull voice, knowing that if Maria wasn't present, the devil spawn would definitely take her time to keep him behind the gates.

Ander looked at the camera, knowing that she was able to see his annoyed expression so the redhead girl chuckled. "Hello, imbecile."

"Hey, leprechaun."

Gabriela scoffed, but then Ander heard Reina approach with curse words. A small smile appeared on Ander's face as he heard the sisters fight until the gate was finally opened, allowing entrance. Ander began to walk up a small hill towards the front door, looking at the house with a knowing feeling in his chest. He used to spend hours inside when Alejandro was away for work, sharing secrets with Reina when they were kids, refusing to go home when his mother would come to take him.

Ander missed those days, where he still felt like he wasn't lying who he was or liked what he was doing. Times he truly found Reina to be the only.

The guy sighed as he stopped in front of another door, waiting patiently for Reina to open and when she did, she was quick to close the door behind her and attack him with a kiss.

The guy kissed back automatically, staring at her closed eyes before pulling away as he smiled in confusion. "Sorry, it's already suffocating inside. I needed fresh air," she commented cheekily, taking a look at how he was dressed. She smiled upon seeing him wear a simple black shirt, denim jacket on top and black jeans. He looked simple but that was what Reina loved about him.

For all she knew, he could've worn a potato sack she'd be proud to say they were together, and only Ander made her feel like that. She often feared what would others say, like Alejandro, but rarely ever with Ander. He was another dimension to her and even if they were drifting, Reina still had hope this phase would pass.

Ander sighed, meeting her brown eyes for another second before pecking her lips and grabbing her hand. "Together."

Reina looked touched immediately, giving Ander's hand a good squeeze before she opened the door and they both entered, hearing chatter coming from the living room area. Ander still held onto Reina's hand as they both appeared in sight, the first thing catching his eyes the dinner table near the glass window, posh and yet homey, thanks to Susana.