// nineteen //

•Wrecked Promises

••••••

••••••

B E T R A Y A L didn't even begin to cut with how Reina was feeling that evening. After calling Azucena and her telling that Ander did leave for the charity event made Reina wonder what had happened to the guy, who promised her so many things. And yet with one simple betrayal Ander broke Reina's hope of getting back at her dad. She felt anger, frustration and sadness all at once and it wasn't her best state.

But good enough for Alejandro to control. He knocked on her open room's door, peaking his head in to see Reina sit at her desk, still in her dress from the event, her hands in her now let down hair. She looked upset even when he didn't see her face, but instead of being a father, he used an approach of an enemy. "You were causing a scandal with Marina Nunier and it's the last thing we need."

Reina heard his cold voice speak up from behind. She wanted to stand up and just send him to hell, to run off and never come back. Instead, she was the scared girl she always was and remained quiet, hearing Alejandro close the door to speak with her privately. "You've been a pain in my ass for a few weeks now, but don't think I'm clueless. You know something I don't and it makes you feel like you have some advantage of me."

Alejandro watched his teenage daughter stand up and finally face him. She looked tired and hurt, but even this look didn't make him back down. He just couldn't get her at all. "You want to know why I got so angry? Why I'm acting the way I've been?" Reina tried her best to keep his cheating a secret. It was supposed to be a night of revelations, where Alejandro couldn't do anything, but without Ander's help, nothing happened and Reina was slipping.

Her dad only shrugged, causing every fiber of Reina's body to explode. "Because we come to an event, where you act this loving husband and father, but you ignore mama, you make comments, which degrade my friends and me!" she exclaimed angrily, her tongue twisting at the mind of not telling him about Paloma. "You think you're better than anyone else, when you're not! Besides, who are you even fooling? All of my friends know you're a heartless dick!"

Alejandro breathed out, smiling like it was amusing to him. This expression on his face wasn't what Reina wanted to see so it set her up even more. "People see you on TV and they don't believe in you. You're not fooling anyone, just these idiotic drunk housewives like Laura Nunier! Nobody tells you because they just want your money..."

"Like you, perhaps?" Alejandro asked her curiously, his shit eating grin annoying the living hell out of Reina, who only paused, deciding to skip this comment, afraid she'd finally spill the beans. Even if she wanted to, she was scared and it angered her. She was supposed to put her hell of a father in his place, but she was still so scared of him.

Alejandro watched her pause and smirked. "I won't listen to any more of your diabolical comments, Reina, I need to leave so I could meet up with Paloma on her project," he commented, causing Reina to feel glazed. It was the weirdest feeling she had ever felt and definitely the worst one yet.