Chapter 31 - Hunter, Cowboy, Phoenix, Angel

Start from the beginning

He furrowed his brow. She shook her head at his simpleness.

"Forget it. You know, if it were up to me, I would never speak to any of you again. Now, for some reason, Dean still believes in you, and he needs you to zap him back in time to get those Phoenix ashes. I'll respect his wishes and tolerate you. But you and I are not friends, Castiel. Not anymore."

The angel actually dared to look hurt, which just angered Allegra. What the hell did he expect from such a half-whipped apology? That they would hug it out and be okay again? Too much had happened between them. Montana, the attack, telling Dean about Sam/Lucifer... He would have to pull something major if he wanted Allegra's forgiveness.

"I had to protect you," said Castiel. "Protect Dean. I brought you together, and I share a bond with both of you. You are my responsibility. I had to act, Allegra, please understand."

"There were other ways you could've handled it, Castiel. You could've trusted us, talked to us. Or better yet, show some goddamn support. We understand the risk we're taking, and we're trying to make the best of it. Or did you think this was easy for us?"

Allegra noticed the disappointment in her own voice as she said those words. She hoped the angel picked up on it as well. If he did, he didn't show. 

"I will return later to help Sam and Dean travel to the past," he said, avoiding her stern gaze. "Perhaps, in time, you can trust me again."

"I sincerely hope so. But you'll need to earn my trust back. That goes for the other angels too. Show me you're still the good beings who helped and protected me when I was young. Show me you can do and be better. Then, maybe... I'll consider destroying the poison."

The glint in his dark eyes didn't go unnoticed.

***

It didn't take that long for Dean to return. When Allegra saw what his 'supply run' actually was, she could barely keep a straight face. Dean strutted proudly in front of her in his cowboy outfit from 'Wally's Western World.' 

"Looking good, cowboy." Allegra chuckled. "You almost look the part."

"Almost? I'm totally killing it," said Dean. 

"Yeah, just a word of advice; lose the sarape."

Dean gave her an are-you-crazy-face as she tugged on the cloth and looked at himself in her closet mirror one more time. Allegra shook her head and put the cowboy hat on top of his head.

"What's your plan when you get there?" she asked.

"Find Colt, keep an eye on him till he kills the Phoenix and get the ashes," answered Dean as he turned to her. "Easy peasy."

"Uhu, and you just happen to know where Colt is, right?"

"Well, no, but he shouldn't be hard to track down."

"You're best bet will be the madam in the saloon. She's usually the one who knows everything about everyone."

"That's... true, actually. How...?"

Allegra smiled at his confused expression and winked.

"You're not the only one who enjoys westerns."

They went downstairs, where Sam joined them, who only changed his shirt. Considering jeans were officially attributed to Strauss and Davis in 1873, it wouldn't be that much of a problem if he showed up in them a decade earlier. It didn't keep Sam from complaining about the shirt, prompting Dean to roll his eyes at him, but he quickly got over it when Bobby and Castiel picked up on his brother's choice of clothes.