TWENTY FOUR_SCARED TO LOVE

Adeela's POV....

“ Wow, my sister is such a beauty. Although you're looking all skin and bones here but you look gorgeous”. Ya Aalim said as we all sat looking at my pictures and videos that were taken in Paris. “ Look at her here,she looked like Ammi when she was young” Afrah said and that was when I saw the resemblance.
“ After all I am my mother's daughter right” I said giggling.

“Of course you are Ammi’s daughter”. And that was when Ammi decided to grace us with her presence “ Food is ready,you all should come and eat” Ammi added walking away.

     “ Alright then,guess we all know Ammi’s favorite now since she came in the mid of our conversation ” Adda said chuckling and added a let's go.

We all get up and headed to the dining area and behold is my favorite food.
“ What, spaghetti, oh my goodness,it's been long I have my favorite ”. Aairah started exaggerating.
“ Didn't you have it just yesterday?”  I asked rolling my eyes.

“ You don't understand,when Ammi cook it is the best,it's like another different kind of spaghetti, it's just wonderful. My mother is a great cook”. She said smiling.

“ Ammi is indeed a great cook. Where do you think we all learn how to cook well. And as you can see she cooked mine favorite as well”. I said giggling like a little girl.
“ Same here”. Ya Aalim said
“ Me too”. Said Adda  “ Same here”. Afrah said which had us all giggling.

“ So I guess Ammi is in a good mood today for cooking everyone's favorite” We all sat and dive in to our delicious foods.

“ So how are you finding my cooking?”. Ammi said drawing out a chair for herself.
“ Ammi you're the best. I love you sooooo much, muahhh”. Ya Aalim said showering Ammi's face with kisses. We silently ate our foods as only the sound of cutleries could be heard. Ammi cooked different kind of foods all by herself, she's really a great woman. Ya Aalim's favorite is fried rice, Adda's favorite is sweet potato porridge, Afrah's is yam porridge while Aairah's is Spaghetti and mine.....well if you want to bribe me,just grace my stomach with dambu( A Hausa tribe food. Have no idea whether it has an English name😐) May sound awful right but I'm just so in love with the food, especially when Ammi cook it, it's another kind of food like Aairah said, another kind of deliciousness. 

“ Khadija when you're done meet me in my room”. And that's when all our heads turned towards Ammi with wide eyes as if she have said something scary. The thing is even Ammi call her Adda not by her real name and whenever she called her real name, just know it is something serious. We all watched her as she get on her feet and headed to her room. I gave Adda's hand a gentle squeeze assuring her that all will be well and she smiled and continued eating.

After we are done, we cleared the table while Adda went to see Ammi and ya Aalim headed to his room as well. I tidied up the place and leave to my room.

.........................

Ahmad....

Knock..knock

“ Yes,come in”. I answered to whoever is knocking at my door. Suhaylat came in sitting on the bed beside me.

“ How may I help you dear sister?”. I asked giving her my best of smiles.

“ Or rather how can I help you brother”. she said looking at me straight in the eyes and when she sensed I didn't get what she's saying she continue “ Since you came back,you haven't been okay, I mean your mind is always somewhere and you doesn't look like a person who's okay. Just take a good look at yourself and you've not been sleeping properly,your eyes are all swollen. One good look at you and people would understand you're not okay. Now, tell me, what is wrong with you?”. She finished talking waiting for me to answer her question.

“ I am fine sweetheart. It's just that I've been so busy since when I get back and haven't the time to rest caused all these but believe me I am okay”. I said assuring her with a smile but it's like she's not taking no for an answer after all it is Suhaylat we are talking about.
“ Don't give me that look, you know I don't like the way you look at me with those eyes”. I said not liking the way she's looking at me.
          “ Then answer me. Is this about her?”. And that was when everything stopped for me,For some seconds I thought I lost my mind.
My silence proved to her that it definitely have something to do with her.
“ Why are you hurting yourself? You've been like this all this while because of her. You haven't seen her since that day have you?” once again my silence answers her question and she continues “ You haven't even made an attempt. You didn't give yourself the chance to love her again”.

“Again? What did you mean by again?”. I asked shocked trying to put two and two together. What does she even mean by that.

“ I do know that you love her but you're missing on a great opportunity by not approaching her”.

“ I am just.... Am scared, scared to approach her again, I am scared that she will turn me down. I'm just scared”. I said my hands in my hair sighing.

“ See, you're not even sure what you're scared of. Scared to love her? No. Scared to approach her? No. Scared She'll turn you down? Definitely not. Remember you approached her even before her wedding date was fixed. you approached her when you knew she was getting married for you still have some hope left. Are you giving up now, giving up now that you still have a chance. You are not going to give up. You have to try. Tell me something, Did you call her since you left her home?”. She asked and I answered with a No “ And why is that”.

“ Because I am afraid hearing her voice would add more to what I was already feeling and I don't think she even love me”. I said slowly afraid I'll say other wise and she started smiling like someone who has won a lottery  “ Why are you smiling?”. I asked

   “ You think she doesn't love you. I am sure she does”. She stated.

   “ And how will you know that?” I asked Surprised at her behavior.
     “ Because I am a girl love. Do you want to give up now?”. She asked. Definitely not,I said in my mind but shake my head indicating a No
“ But I don't know what to do”. I said fiddling with my hands and she took my hands in hers giving them a gentle squeeze.
“ Trust me,you have nothing to worry about when you've got your sister right by your side. First of all,you have to call her” She said.

“ And then what. What do you want me to say?”.

“ I will explain everything ”. She said.

  “Okay Sister. Thank you ”. I said engulfing her into a warm embrace.
   “ Always remember that whenever you need a shoulder to lean on, I am here. Now,let's go out. The whole family is waiting for you ”. She said getting on her feet and extended her hand to me for support.

“ What. And you're telling me now?”.

“ Well, they did asked me to help a brother too because they noticed you too”.
“ But why you?”. I asked already knowing the answer to my question.
“ Why me? Come on, we all know the answer to that question. That's because they know you can't live without me and I am the only one that can be able to bring you out of your sad shell”. She said with a wink taking my hands in hers dragging me out. Suhaylat is Suhaylat after all.

......