CHAPTER THREE

I dialed sulaiman's number and he picked at first ring
“ Assalamu alaikum”

“ Wa alaikumussalam. My wife. how're you doing. I am sorry for not coming these days.I have too much work that's why but insha Allah I'll make it up to you soon” he said waiting for me to talk.

“ I am doing okay
and don't bother yourself thinking that you've hurt me. I am fine. When are you coming?”.

“ I'll spare time insha Allah just for you I promise, okay?”.

“Okay dear. Don't stress yourself too much okay”.

“ Okay. I promise. Love you,bye”. He said hanging up.

“ Adeela,someone is here to see you” Adda spoke

“ Who is it?”.

“ Whoever it is,you'll see for yourself”. She said and walked out leaving me confused. I searched into my wardrobe and picked an abaya,then walk out to where I was told my guest is waiting and I saw him standing with his back facing me. I could tell who this figure belong to even with my eyes close. I cleared my throat to draw his attention and he turned around capturing my eyes. I just stand there looking at him,why is he here.

Ahmad

I knew she was not expecting me but I just couldn't stand the thought of not seeing her.

“ Why are you here”. I was kind of expecting  that.

“ is it a sin to come and see you?,Please Adeela just tell me why you never gave me a chance. it's been almost three years now and still you're avoiding me why? Is it my fault that I want to be close to you? I am not the one that force myself to love you. Please do give me a chance”. I ended looking at her like a fool. I wonder what's happening to me that I failed to let her go. She stand there with a look that says don't you know am engaged. I do know you're engaged dear but I just can't help it. I said in my mind.

“ I don't know what kind of man follows a soon to be married woman. Do you at all understand what I am saying? Please leave me alone. I am sorry if I ever hurt your feelings but there's nothing I can do and....

Adeela

“ Adeela”

Oh my God. She heard all what I said.I Turned around and came face to face with Ammi. She gave me a look that could kill and turned to Ahmad as he greeted her.

“ Please come in and you to your room”. she said pointing the way in.I walked in feeling all ashamed of what I just did.I  sat on my bed waiting for Ammi. I know what I am expecting.

Ahmad....

Her mother is one in a million,she treated me nicely and made me understand the kind of situation her daughter is. She told me her daughter is getting married and I should please try and let go of her. She prayed for my safety and wish me well. I entered my car and took off to work. I walked inside,exchanged greetings on the way and then came across my secretary

“ Good day sir”. She greeted.

“ Good day Nafisa. How is it going?Have you inform them of the meeting tomorrow?”. I asked concerning the meeting tomorrow.

“ Yes sir. Everything is in place. The meeting will hold by ten”.

“ Okay. Thank you. I won't be staying long”.

“ Sir. Kamal is in your office waiting for you”. She said smiling.

God. I've made a promise to go see him yesterday.I walked in and saw him sitting on the chair opposite mine  ready to murder me I guess.

“ My man. You're here” I said trying to sound normal.

“ No. I am there. Is this what you call friendship? I waited all day but I didn't see you and you don't even bother to call and tell me you weren't coming. You've changed so much that now I cease been able to read your mind”.

“ I don't even know what to say but I  am so sorry man. I truly am. I drove mother to one of her friends house as you know, Malam sani is not around and I've forgotten to call you, I am sorry”.

“ It's okay. Just don't do it again”.

“ I promise it won't happen again. Now smile for me”. I said trying to light up the mood and he did.

“ How are you doing? Ahmad,it seems like you're still thinking of that girl,I know it's not your fault but you should at least try to take her off your mind”.
“ I don't know man but it is not easy. I am even from her house”. I said suddenly feeling all weak.

“ What?”.  He asked shocked at my coming from her house “ I can see you're just making things worse for yourself. For God sake, I told you to stop seeing her then stop calling her and by the grace of God, it will work but I don't know what's wrong in doing all that. You're just too stubborn for my liking. I hope she treat you well”.  He ended raising one of his eyebrows waiting for me to talk.

“ Not only did she treat me well but her mother also. Her mother is very nice. She treated me well and made me see things the way they are. That I should try and move on”.  I ended sighing in relief.

“ Okay. May God help us all. Amin. I'll be taking my leave now. Do take care of yourself ”. He said giving me a hug.

“ I am taking my leave too. Just came to check on some things. Shall we?”.  We walked out of the building,entered our cars and then took off.

Adeela......

“ Must you treat him like that? What is wrong in treating him nice? Don't ever do that okay?”. Ammi said letting it all out. I was kinda expecting the outburst.

“ I am sorry Ammi,I promise I won't do it again. It's just that,he keep pestering my life knowing I am getting married soon”. I said fiddling with my fingers.

“ But whatever it is, treat him good. Make him understand that you two aren't meant to be. He'll understand and stop pestering your life. Anyway,I talked some sense into him. I mean, I advised him to try and move on. Be kind wherever,whenever and to whoever in any situation”. She ended the lectures getting up and walked out of the room. I will Ammi. I promise. I said in my mind heading downstairs with several thoughts on my mind. And that is when I remember my lefe is to be here tomorrow. That means, I have to be somewhere. Means I have the entire day to myself which would be spend with my b.....

Means we'll have a whole day of Funnnn😉😚😚😚😚 Please encourage your girl by voting on that orange star⭐ it won't take you seconds to do that👏🏻 Xoxo❤🦋