CHAPTER TWENTY

Adeela's POV.......

Though I believed life could be unfair at some points, I also believed there are times of endless happiness. As it is said,pain could last an entire night but joy cometh in the morning. One month.... It's been a month since I escaped from the hands of those evil people. A month with Ahmad which was filled with nothing except happiness. He took care of me like he would his own blood. I got really along with him and the Johnson's too. They are nice people. Gianna and I became really close as she's the same age as I am. I remembered Mrs Johnson asking me to call her Louise. Over this past month,many things happened like locating the house of those sex traffickers and arresting them. They were sentenced to twenty years imprisonment as that's the punishment in this country. My heart hurts every time I remembered how I used to love him. Ahmad.... That guy is everything. I always regret what I did to him. How I treated him. I pleaded with him to let me call home but he said we will go when the time comes as the doctor said,I'll have to regain my strength first but yesterday he said we'll be leaving in a week time and I was more than happy. This one month stay here was memorable. We really had a lot of fun. He took me to my dream place,the Eiffel tower and to so many other places.

“ A penny for your thoughts ”. A voice spoke bringing me back to life. “ Hey are you okay?”. He asked.

“ Oh yes... Yes I'm fine". i said stammering.

The look on his face told me he didn't believe me.
" I'm just thinking about.... home. How my family are coping. I really missed them". I added seeing he's definitely not taking that.

" I told you not to stress yourself much
Okay... We'll soon leave to your home”. He said.

“ I know. I promise I will try. Thank you”. I said smiling like an idiot. “ Whenever you need help,please do not hesitate. I will help you in whatever way I can”. I added.

" I pray you can do what i have in mind”. He said that while raising his two hands up.

" Don't worry. Your prayer is already answered God willing". I chuckled.

" Ghen ghen 👻 what's this one thing? 😉 Follow up😚

Xoxo❤🦋