CHAPTER SIXTEEN

Ahmad' POV.....

It's been a week already and she's still unconscious. The doctor came in everyday to check on her. I still find it hard to believe she's here beside me. What could have happened.. She was supposed to get married or hasn't she? Or maybe she came here for her honeymoon and ended in this situation. But what about her family or her husband. I just couldn't figure it out. Shaking my head and sighing,I decided to get my phone that have been ringing for quite some time now. I saw my elder sister's picture appeared on the screen. I sighed knowing I am in big trouble. It's been long since I called to check on her.

“ Snooks”. I said picking up waiting for her outburst. That's what I called her. The nickname I gave her actually. Snookie.

“ Don't you dare snooks me. I suddenly think you're beginning to lose your mind. You don't even care about me now. At least between the both of us, one person do”. She said in one breath taking a break.

“ Come on. I'm sorry. I really am. You know I do care and I love you more than words could ever say. It's just this...work and all... So stressful. You know I'm still here. Have to wait for another month or two maybe. I'm sorry”. I apologized.

“ Okay,just don't do it again. Some seconds out of your busy time won't hurt right ”.

“ Right. I promise. Now, how are you and my little pumpkins?”. I asked referring to her adorable girl twins. So cute.

“ They're mad at you too. I mean what kind of a father forget his own children. They'll be turning five in some months”. She said.

“ Yeah that's true. I hope I could be there to celebrate with them”.

“ What are you trying to say. You have to. We'll be moving to Malaysia in a few months”.

“ Again? Aren't you guys tired of moving from one place to another and you changing your place of work every time ”. I said surprised they're moving. They just moved there like when? Not even up to a year now.

“ You know how his work is and about my work, it's not like I try finding it. The work is always waiting for me”.  She said and I believe that knowing who her husband is.

“ Yeah. You've got the work itself as a husband. What else. Anyway my regards to him and my loves. Apologize to them on my behalf and tell them I will make up to them I promise and also I love them so much”. I said.

“ And????”. She asked.

“ And what?”. I asked.

“ What do you mean and what... You said you love them. What about me... The mother”. She said and I burst into an uncontrollable laughter.

“ Come on,you know I love you but when it comes to my little pumpkins..... Come on you're the best. Muah...I have to go now,bye ”.

“ Yeah bye. I believe it's night already ”.

“ Yeah it is. So, what should I say to you? Goodnight or morning or day”. I said.

“ Yeah whatever. Bye”. She said and hang up.

I walked to her room to sleep. I always sleep in the room on the couch in case anything happen. Mrs Johnson came in everyday to clean her up. I sat on the bed beside her looking at her face. Even in pain,she looks the most beautiful girl on earth. I walked to the couch and sat on it. I was so deep in thoughts that I didn't know when sleep overpowered me.

please. Please don't. Don't take me back. I'm sorry please”. Her voice jerked me up and awake.

I quickly rushed to her holding her hands. “ Hey... Come on wake up. It's alright. Everything is fine. You're safe now. Open your eyes come on”. I whispered into her ears. And she slowly opened her eyes meeting mine. The look on her face was unreadable. She was shocked and scared at the same time. Then she slowly cast her eyes down. Not looking at me. What's wrong with her.

“ Hey. Look at me. I'm not going to hurt you okay. You're in safe place now”. I said thinking she's scared of me. She raised her eyes up again and I was shocked to see her in tears.

I don't want to do this anymore. I can't... I just can't ”. She sobbed and I knew she wasn't talking about the physical pain. It's the pain inside. It is the wound that you can't see that are hardest to heal. I hold her cradling her head while she sobbed and slowly,she drifted back to sleep. I carefully placed her back on the bed and walked back to my bed...

Hey lovelies😚 So, finally we know whose hands Adeela fell in 😅 She fell in the hands of her long lost lover🤧 Shaa where is Suleiman😪 I'm missing that guy😫 Someone should tell him his lost fiancee is found and safe 😁 Xoxo❤🦋