S I X T Y - F I V E

"You're a four-eyed metal mouth freak, how about that?" Carly said to Sam.

"I wear contacts not glasses so that doesn't even work!" Sam shouts back.

"They act as glasses, do they not?" Carly didn't even give Sam a moment to respond before continuing "Okay, then shut up"

"Oh yeah, Carly? Well, how do you work in a store making cakes but you don't have no fucking cake?"

That's what I walked into when I arrived at work today. I've missed Carly and Sam's arguments, they have a love and hate friendship and it's pretty interesting.

"Was I missed or did you not notice me gone while all your arguing?" I make my presence known.

"Finally, Ali you're fucking here!" Sam exclaims, throwing his arms up walking around the counter to me. "Carly has been driving me crazy"

"Oh shut up" Carly rolls her eyes "You're driving me insane, all you do is talk about Eva. Eres un puto récord roto* you're a fucking broken record*"

You know when Carly is pissed or annoyed when she starts speaking Spanish but it's worse when her Spanish accent comes out extremely strong with aggression, such as right now.

"Oh, I wonder when Eva is coming, I should start making Eva's milkshake, Eva's running late don't you think, I wish Eva came in this week" Carly mimics Sam.

"Oh, I'm so sorry you're a lonely sad crazy person who can't keep a boyfriend for more than a month" Sam fires back "How is Dylan by the way, oh no my bad it's Anthony now, right? Oh wait no, this month is Derek"

If this were a cartoon you would be able to see flame bursting from Carly's eyes in anger towards Sam. Carly stormed into the backroom without saying another word to me or Sam. For Carly that takes a lot of self-control because she loves getting the last word in.

"That was a low blow, Sam," I tell him as I go clock in.

From what I could see when I got back there, Carly wasn't in the backroom or the bathroom so I'm guessing she went all the way outside. I miss work for two weeks and these two are ready to kill each other. Alright then, time to do damage control.

"What happened?" I ask Sam after I clock in.

He shook his head as he wiped down the tables "So I was in the back taking out the trash and then I went to the bathroom and while I was doing that I heard the bell above the front door jingle then Eva's and Carly's voices. I didn't think too much of it then I began to walk out and I heard Carly tell Eva to stop calling and texting me and to get lost and not come back in here and called said a series of insults to her in Spanish but I didn't understand all of it but I do know two of them were cunt and bitch"

That does sound Carly but Carly doesn't spazz out on people for no reason either. There's always a reason behind her Spanish.

"Did you ask her why?"

"I did and you wanna know what she said?" I nod for him to continue "She said you forgot to throw her out as well when you threw the trash away, I think you might be able to catch her if you just snatch her up by her fake ass red hair and just drag her through here and then just fling her into the trash bin the way Hulk was flinging Loki in Avengers" he said with a straight face looking me in my eyes.

I don't know he was keeping a straight face because I was laughing so hard I started to forget how to breathe. It was what Carly said and the way Sam recited it to me and the fact that I could hear Carly saying that in my mind as if I were there witnessing it as well.

"Go apologize and talk to her," I tell him while still laughing.

"Why do I have to go to her? Sam stays where he is.