F O U R T Y

(INTRODUCING RYAN- I like this dude a lot, isn't his smile and dimple so adorable. Also if you guys think he's pretty cute too his instagram is kingryang *whispers* he gets hotter)

School's over and I take it Ethan did come to his senses because at lunch Grayson was all smiles and talking to me, so that's good. Ethan and I haven't talked since our little chat in the music room though. I'm having mixed feelings about that.

I've received a series of texts from Ryan throughout the day regarding our date and I still don't know what we're doing, all I know is to dress casual.

Carmen and Amy came over to help me get ready. It's really hard to be grounded when there's no one around to enforce the rules of being grounded.

"So what are you guys doing again?" Carmen asks as she fills in her eyebrows at my vanity. My poor bestfriend just cannot live without makeup. It's not like she needs it, she just really likes it and is used to wearing it.

"I don't know" I skim through all my hung up clothes.

"If he said to dress casual then just wear a shirt and some jeans or maybe a dress" Amy suggests from my bed, changing the song on the Bluetooth now playing "ALL IN".

"You're right" I nodded my head and head over to my drawer taking out a plain white shirt and light blue jeans.

"Eh. Wrong" Carmen makes a buzzer noise "That's too plain"

"But-"

"Boring" Carmen talks over me, putting mascara on.

"Fine" I shout over her and put the clothes back, heading back to my closet.

I come out with a black dress, holding it up to me and show them. Carmen shakes her head. 

"No" Amy agrees. I groan and go back in. "Ali are you just going on this date to piss off Ethan?" she watches Carmen go through my makeup.

"No" I scoff. I feel a little offended that she thinks that.

"Of she's not Amy. She's going to prove a point and to run away from her feelings" Carmen looks at Amy through the mirror.

My head snaps in her direction. Carmen turns to me and smiles, dropping a highlighter palette back in its drawer. We engage in a short stare off and I finally flip her off, she laughs and does it back to me.

"So you're telling me that's not what you're doing?" Carmen gets off the stool and leans on the doorway of my closet "You're not running from your feelings for Ethan because you're scared of commitment?"

"Pfft no" I keep looking through my clothes. I never really thought about it that way. Am I running? No, I'm not. It's just a little date.

"Sure, sure because it's not like everything has been going great for you and Ethan. Your feelings for him have been growing but as soon as you saw a reason to run you take off and push him away" Carmen lays exactly what she was thinking on me. This is one of the reasons why I love her but damn she could learn how to sugar coat shit.

"I'm sorry, do you know something I don't? He was kissing some girl at the party and then flirting with a different one today. I think I'm perfectly justified to be jealous."

"Why would you be jealous? You're only friends with benefits. Wasn't the agreement no feelings, just friends" Carmen points out.

"Whose side are you on?" I gape at her. She's being unbelievable right now.

"Yours, obviously"

"Really? Cause it's not that obvious"

"Yeah it's kinda not" Amy speaks up.