S E V E N T Y

Ali's POV:

"You ever seen a talking pancake, Manny?" Ethan sliced into his pancake.

Cheeks full of dough and syrup running down his chin, Manny shook his fuzzy morning curls.
Ethan slapped the severed dough on his mouth, sticking his tongue out the now open space at Manny. The look of excitement that took over Manny's face was priceless as he eagerly cut into his pancake to mimic what he saw but acting like a zombie he even added strawberry jam on the side for brains. All of us at the table synced up in laughter.

"This brunch pool party was a pretty good idea" Grayson praised me.

"Yeah well Sofie's not gonna be here for my birthday party that she really wants to go to so I figured I could just make her last week here a like a party" I nudged her shoulder.

"Sweet but not the same thing Ali" she frowned.
"I know but I'll send you pictures and videos of it"

She threw her arms up "Yeah rub it in"

"Honestly Sof you're not missing anything it's just a bunch of dumbasses lighting a fire on the beach & drowning each other in the ocean" Ethan chimed in.

Grayson covered Manny's ears and shook his head at his brother in disappointment "Why would you expose your plans to kill her to her cousins?" he scolded Ethan

"Now they're collateral"

Manny pushes Grayson's hands off his head "You're not gonna kill Ali" he rolled his chocolate eyes.
"You're right kid" Grayson came out of his chair and pulled Manny's back.

Manny followed Grayson with his eyes that were filled with curiosity and playfulness. Grayson slid over to manny's side lifting him out, Manny screamed in joy.

"But hypothetically if we were we couldn't have any collateral possible witnesses"

Manny wiggled in Graysons grasp trying to free himself by dropping down but that wasn't happening, his face had turned bright red at this point. Grayson ran and jumped into the pool, the water silenced Manny's excited outburst. Their splash was so huge it reached our arms and toes at the table.

"So you're just gonna drown my brother too?"
Sofie asked Ethan "Just making your way down the family tree"

'You wanna get thrown next?"Ethan playfully threatened her.

Sofie thought about his offer for a minute before answering "I just finished drying off" she sucked her teeth.

"Even more of a reason to do it" Ethan scooted back from the table. Sofie locked her feet around the legs of the chair, ethan pulled her back "Let go of the chair or it's going in with you"  he warned her.

Sofie grabbed hold of the back of my chair when she got dragged by "Ali stop him" she pleaded but her face didn't match her pleas.

"You're getting the party experience you'll be missing" I shrugged "Enjoy it"

"It's more like a kickback" Amy chimed
in as she wiped whipped cream across Liam's lips.
He sucked on them in both a curious yet aggressive matter, when what Amy gave him was gone he slapped at her wrist for more.

I love their relationship. Carmen and I nodded in agreement to the way Amy had said about the kickback as ethan continued to drag Sofie in her chair to the pool. He stopped by the edge.

"Make a choice Sofie" he leaned on the back of the chair.

Relaunctly  she raised her arms "Just throw me"

With a wide childish grin spread across his face, Ethan lifted Sof from her place and tossed her into the pool without even a countdown. He took a few steps back before running into a front flip to join the rest of them in the pool.