F O R T Y - E I G H T

!!!SMUTTY SMUT SMUT SMUT!!!

Ethan rolled himself onto me and I wrapped my arms around his neck basically hugging him while we were kissing. It was like I was desperate to have him close to me, Evan dropping by really fucked me up. I shouldn't have ignored and avoided Ethan all day because it was clear I needed him or actually need is a strong word. Wanted. I wanted him. Something wet trickled down the side to my face and to my ear. It must have gone on Ethan's finger too since his hand was on my cheek because he pulled away looking at his hand and my face.

"Babygirl, why are you crying?" he wipes the tear away with his thumb.

"It's nothing" I sniffle and try to reel him back to me.

Ethan groans removing my hands from his neck and sits up pulling me up with him. I keep my head low and Ethan slides off my bed, squatting in front of me. I sniff some more and swiftly wipe away the new teardrop that tried to show itself. Fuck I hate that Evan's presence has this effect on me. He makes me more emotional than my period and that's not until next week so I really don't appreciate this.

"Come on Princess" Ethan lifts my chin up with his index finger "Look at me" I peer at Ethan through my wet eyelashes "Talk to me baby"

"No, it's just Evan" my voice wasn't as strong as I wanted it to sound "He came over earlier and was sweet-talking me and getting close and tried to kiss me" I realized at the last second that it would have been smarter not mention the attempted kissing part because Ethan might try to attempt to murder Evan or will murder Evan. I snap my head up and Ethan's eyes were narrowed and dark. "Ethan, it's okay well it's not okay but it is because he didn't" I cup Ethan's face in my hands. His jaw poked my palms due to how tight he was clenching it.

"He tried to fucking kiss you Allison that's not in the slightest bit okay" Ethan huffs. "And you're crying so he must have done something else. What did he do?"

"Nothing E, nothing" I reassure him.

"He's why you didn't want to be around me today" Ethan correctly assumes.

I nod my head. Seeing Evan just made feel so vulnerable so my automatic reaction was to run away, from him, from Ethan. I do feel bad though it wasn't even Ethan's fault, he was trying to comfort me at school and I acted like a bitch. The compulsive urge to apologize for that is trying to come out but my pride forces me to swallow it so I didn't say anything which is really stupid. Carmen was right I am sabotaging myself over the past. Yeah, I miss Evan like an idiot but I have Ethan. I have someone better. I should have no time to miss him.

Ethan is way better an upgrade from Evan. Aside from the past with Evan my attraction to Ethan keeps blossoming and I'm actually pretty scared of that. Throughout me soothing Ethan by rubbing my thumbs up and down his cheeks, his eyes returned to their normal bright color and he relaxed his jaw.

"Ali I know Evan messed you up, you're hurt but you have to know that I'm not him. I'm nothing like him" Ethan moves my hands from his face and clutches them to his chest. "I would never do you like that"

I give him a small smile "Okay"

"And please don't cry babygirl, I don't like to see you sad" Ethan playfully knicks my chin.

I scoff "I thought my nickname was 'Mean Ass'"

"Oh you're right you are Mean Ass, you really can't cry than" he agrees with me.

"You're stoopid" I giggle "With two "O's"

"Oh yeah?" Ethan smiles.

"Yeah" I nod.