F I F T E E N

Both my suspension and the weekend seemed to fly by. When my home got home last week and saw my face she was like

"What happened to your face?!"

And I lied saying "Oh I was going fast down a hill and ran into a pole"

I don't think she really believed me but she didn't push it and my dad being a real one didn't tell her I got suspended or got in a fight. So she went the rest of the week continuing to wake me up to go to school which I couldn't do so I just got ready and went to Carmen's house. And Carmen spent the weekend at mine. Now it's Tuesday and I have to go back to school with all these annoying ass nosy people.

When I got up this morning I went to turn the shower on and sat in my in front of my closet mirror debating on whether or not I should even go to school today. I force myself up and get into the shower stepping into the warm water falling from the shower head. I stand under the faucet and feel the water sink into my hair pouring over my face. I stare at the wall trying to let the water relax my already irritated nerves. This shower is nice but it's not really working for me.

I get out the shower wrapping my towel around me and go explore my closet. After about five minutes of grabbing and throwing clothes on the floor, I finally choose some black shorts, white tube top, and red and white striped button up shirt on top. I put my black high top converse. I comb my hair out and put it in a high ponytail. After brushing my teeth I sigh grabbing my backpack and force my feet downstairs.

When I get downstairs my dad in the kitchen drinking coffee and typing on his laptop. I slump into one of the seats at the island.

"Going to school?"

My eyes and body perk up.

"Do I have the option not to?"

My dad laughs.

"No, that was rhetorical"

I slump back down and pout at him.

"Haha very funny. Where's mom?"

"Hospital, where else?"

My dad is a Travel journalist so he's always late at the office, leaving early or out on trips and my moms a nurse. While I work at Baskin Robbins. They must be so proud of me.

I groan and slide out my seat grabbing my keys on my way out.

"Okay well, I'm going to school unless I don't have to," I say my voice full of hope, giving my dad puppy dog eyes.

"Bye Ali"

"Fine, bye"

When I get out of the house I sigh and whine a little on the porch before stomping down the three steps and get in my car speeding past Ethan's house without giving it a glance.

Right, when I'm about to get to school I take a detour and go to Starbucks instead in an effort to put off school for a little longer. I order three Vanilla Bean frappuccinos and then go to school.I get to school and see Carmen and Amy already there sitting on the steps on their phones. 

Seeing them makes me feel a little better but I'm still not in the mood and want to go home.

Amy sees my first and points me out to Carmen. I go up to them and give them their drinks and Carmen engulfs me in a hug as if I didn't spend the last like five days with her and Amy thanks me and we do our regular handshake.

"Oh, so what'd we miss?" Carmen asks Amy who is already slurping down her drink.

"Nothing really that you don't already know, just people talking about you guys"