F O R T Y - F O U R

(INTRODUCING EVAN- I decided I did want to use Cody Christian as Evan because..... I actually don't know why I just wanted to)

Eth😍: Mean ass

Me: Dumb ass

Eth😍: This is why ur mean ass

Me: What it rhymed😂

I guess expecting morning texts from Ethan are a 'yes' from now on. Strangely enough, I don't mind it. The smell of waffles makes me perk up and I throw my covers off, running downstairs. My dad was in the kitchen prying two waffles out the waffle maker.

"You made waffles" I state the obvious in awe.

"Yes I made waffles" he takes a plate out the microwave that had a stack of waffles on them and adds the two he just made.

"I want some" I slide over to his side of the counter.

"Go get dressed first" he smacks my hand when I try to grab one.

"But-" I attempt to protest.

"School. Get ready for it" he talks over me.

"One. Just one and I'll go" I beg.

"Fine" my dad hands me one "Now go" he shoos me. I bite to warm, golden brown waffle and grab the syrup off the counter pouring it into my mouth. "I swear you're like my daughter and son in one"

Since I was unable to laugh without choking I just smile and give him a thumbs-up as I chew and run back upstairs to get ready for the day. Eating my waffle I dug through the rows of shirts in my closet finally settle on my shirt with mini Spongebobs all over it and skinny blue jeans with my white high top Converse. I shower, brush my teeth and get dressed then return downstairs. My phone dings twice in my hand.

Eth😍: It didn't but ok

Me: It did

I check my other message

Ryan😇: Hey Ali

Me: Hi Ryan

Is it bad that I don't feel bad about texting Ryan right now? I hop down the last step and sit in a stool at the island. My dad was looking at something on his laptop eating waffles. I pick one off my plate and pop it in my mouth.

"Do you not know how to use a fork and knife anymore?" my dad questions me as I look over his shoulder.

"I do I just don't want to" I shrug "Going on another trip?"

"Yep. I'm being sent to Norway for tourist attractions and things like that"

"Sounds fun" I drizzle more syrup on my waffle and eat more.

"Yep and I'm taking your mother with me," he tells me.

"Really?" I raise my eyebrows "When are you guys leaving?"

"In two days"

"Hope you guys have a good time" I finish my waffle and take my last one sopping it up in the syrup on my plate and stuff it in my mouth.

"Child of mine use a fork" my dad drops his hands on his keyboard.

"They're already gone" I mumble with my mouth stuffed. I slip out the stool and slide my plate off the counter, dropping it in the sink "Thank you for the waffles" I hug my dad and kiss his cheek.

"The waffles that you inhaled, yeah you're welcome" he laughs.

"Love you" I pluck my keys off the key hook."Love you too" he yells as I exit the house.