Drug Lord Pt. III

—What were you thinking? -my brother shouts at me, I can feel Calum tense behind me. I touch him to assure him it's okay-

—I fell in love -I say, swallowing the lump on my throat-

—You expect me to visit you? Allow you to see my kids to put them in danger? -he scoffs cynically-

I start feeling guilty, not wanting anything to happen to my nephews, my brother is totally right. And he has the right to keep his children safe, not allowing anyone -including me- to jeopardise it.

—Fuck -I sigh, tears falling down my eyes- fuck

—You know I'm right, I'm sorry you're my sister but now I have a family of my own and I can't put them at risk over... This. -he looks at Cal contemptuously-

I cry even harder and jump into his arms, holding him close. He hugs me back, kissing the top of my head – when we break the hug, I realise he's also crying.

—I always thought I'd see my kids play with yours, but I guess that's not happening -I try not to pout as I wipe my tears-

—Not because of me, that's on your bad choices -he shrugs-

—Can you fucking stop? -Calum angrily snaps, making me jump-

—Who the fuck do you think you are talking to me like that? -my brother almost throws himself in front of him-

The least I need right now is for these two to fight, I don't think I'd be able to handle it.

—Hey! No! -I cry out- stop this, right now

—What? Am I supposed to stand here and listen to this bastard tell you how much you fucked everything up? Am I? -I notice his heavy breathing and the fists formed-

—I'm just stating the truth, she fucked up her whole life by getting pregnant by a fucking narco who will probably get killed before his thirties! -my brother angrily shout back- There are so many scenarios when it comes to being involved with people like you, you either get killed or in jail—and if something ever happens to my sister and her kid, I'm coming after you! I swear to god I'll fucking kill you with my bare hands!

I feel my legs shake now and a sudden need of vomiting. I don't know what makes me feel worse, my brother saying stuff like that or my brother being actually right.

—Your brother's still breathing only because he is your brother -Calum says to me and my blood freezes. He's never talked to me about murders, or murdering-

—Fucking shoot me, you bastard -he encourages my boyfriend-

—This is it, I'm leaving -I turn around and start walking outside the house, hearing some steps behind me-

I never turn around, just got into the SUV and feel Cal's touch on my back. Now I'm crying even harder – he doesn't say a word, the chauffeur starts driving. We made it home, I have not looked at Calum, not even once, I walk to the kitchen to find Rose.

—Oh my, what happened to you, darling?

I just shake my head and sit on the counter top – my eyes are probably res and puffy, as well as my nose and lips.

—Would you like something to eat? To drink?

I shake my head, without much energy. She sighs and walks closer to me.

—You can count on me no matter what, okay? -she whispers-

I can't controle nor my emotions nor impulses, I just jump off the counter top and hug her close.

—Thank you, Rose. Thank you.

The day went by slow, most of the time just in bed -of course- trying not to cry, although it was being difficult. Calum returned at 10PM, interrupting me as I was watching Netflix—he lays down next to me, placing one hand on my leg and his forehead on my stomach.

—I'm sorry -he lowly says- I tried to contain but I couldn't.

—If something ever happens to my brother or his family, Calum...

—What?! -he looks up at me- No! I'm not talking about that – I wouldn't harm you or your family. I'm not his biggest fan, but you love him.

—And he's 100% right. Now I have a baby growing inside of me that's going to be a target his whole life.

—What the fuck? -he asks disappointed- my son is not marked!

—Oh, for fucks sake, Calum! You don't work at a fucking McDonald's!

—And you knew that all along, right? That's why you were trying to lock me up! -he angrily says and I feel another burden laying on me-

I look down, still ashamed of that. I don't say any other word, my baby kicks in that instant.

—Look, I'm sorry... I already forgave you, it's just – I don't like when you bring my work up. I know I'm not a saint, but we fell in love and I'm going to protect you, alright?

—What are we supposed to tell the baby when he grows up?

—About...?

—Your job.

—I, I -he stutters- we have years ahead, we'll think it through

I sigh, turning around, my back facing him.

—I'm tired, I don't want to fight, I don't want to think. All I know is my brother is right.

—That you fucked up?

—Yeah. -I say hesitantly-

I feel a weight being lifted off the bed, steps and then, the door close. I turn around only to find out I'm alone again.

~

Months later.

—I've missed you -I hungrily kiss his lips, pulling him closer-

Cal and I've moved to different places around 4 times now, this one being my favourite.

—I've missed you, too -he says in between kiss, his hands tangled up in my hair-

My belly being huge now, Cal and I being in a better place. I've already met his mom and dad, they couldn't believe I was pregnant.

There's security taking care of us 24/7 and that, somehow, helps me sleep at nights. The F.B.I must've lost track of me – I know I didn't made the best choice by falling in love with the person I supposed to arrest, but you actually don't choose who you fall in love with. My brother and I haven't talked in months, I saw him a couple of times after him and Calum met, but he decided to stop for a while as I understood. Rose became like a mother to me, no matter where we go, we take her with us—Calum learnt to be more amicable with her, she also gets to see his loving and kind side.

Cal and I are in a loving relationship, he's always as present as he can be, he's constantly reminding me how much he loves me and our son. I don't know what will happen in a future, all I know is I love him and I'm incredibly happy with him.