"dorky face"

hiii, i've been writing and re-writing this chapter so many times and i can't get it righhttt sooo i'm just updating bc i wanna get on with the story !! sorry if it's shitty, ily allll

hiii, i've been writing and re-writing this chapter so many times and i can't get it righhttt sooo i'm just updating bc i wanna get on with the story !! sorry if it's shitty, ily allll ✨

"ANYBODY EVER TOLD YOU SMOKING'S BAD FOR YOU?" Ward had popped up behind Santana; who was sitting with her legs dangling over the dock by the board shop.

"ay dios fucking mio," Santana mumbled, clearly being startled by Ward as she pulled the blunt away from her.

"I didn't mean to startle you," He chuckled as he then sat down on the dock beside her, "It seems like I've got a habit of doing that."

"Habits can be broken," She sarcastically replied, catching a frown from Ward.

"Y-you know, I was just coming down to check on Selah," Ward continued, ignoring her comment, "You should've called, I would've come down straight away."

Santana couldn't help but chuckle, quickly stopping herself as she looked over at Ward, "You wanna play dad now? That's cool and all, but I'm not willing to play the daughter."

Not to mention the fact she was still convinced he and Selah had some sort of side hustle with the gold.

Ward paused for a moment, looking down at his daughter before he spoke up, "Last year... You turned 15 and had your quince right? Marisol got you to wear the big gown and, you had to-"

"Do a father-daughter dance with someone who isn't my dad," Santana snapped back, not even realising how fiesty she was, "Well to me, he is my dad."

It was funny to her how he thought bringing up a memory he wasn't apart of, would somehow justify him caring about her.

"Marisol didn't tell me where you were living or anything," Ward gulped, "I only learnt things about you when she came down to visit, when she came to work on finding the gold."

"And why is that? Why would my mom keep you from me?" Santana tilted her head, glaring at Ward, "You must've done some shady ass shit for her to keep you out."

"Maybe I did," Ward looked down at his feet, "But I wouldn't know, all I know is that you're here now. I would really love to properly get to know my daughter."

"Is the paternity test still an option?" Santana scrunched her face up, sneaking a laugh from Ward, "I'm being dead serious, laugh all you want."

"If that's what you want," He threw his arms up, taking yet another pause, "And, about the gold - until you trust me, don't worry about it. You come to me when you're ready. I just want to help you."

"So you don't care about the gold?" She squinted her eyes, then mumbling under her breath, "Don't know why a rich ass gringo like you needs it."

"What?" Ward asked, not hearing her, "Well, I just thought you and me working on the gold together could be honouring your mom and Big John. Nothing would get in our way."