"your mother"

"YOU'RE JUST AS SMART AS YOUR MOM," Santana jumped as she heard Ward's voice and turned around to see him walking toward the dock, "How long did it take you?"

"Excuse me?" She replied backing off the fence she was leaning against, facing Ward. John B and Sarah had just walked inside, it seemed he'd taken Ward's offer.

"To find the gold," He shrugged, "I know you know where it is, you know you know where it is - let's cut to the chase."

"You've been my dad for a day, chill out okay?" Santana sighed, "I don't know what you're talking about."

"I know it was you who took the compass," Ward nodded, "Believe me, I was shocked to see you put it back."

"Clearly."

"I want to tell you what happened," Ward locked eyes with her, "What happened with myself, your mom and John. All of it."

"do you know where they are?" Santana crossed her arms, stepping back as Ward stood forward

"I know that they're dead," He gulped as Santana whinced, dropping her stone-cold face.

"I was thinking we could go on the druthers or go inside, to talk?" He asked, Santana's heart was racing, "The druthers is -"

"We can stay here," She bluntly replied, "Tell me what happened."

"Here's my catch," Ward pleaded with her, "I need you to help me. If we work together, I'll be able to turn that money into something you can spend - even your friends, something you can all use."

"That's all I'm asking for."

"Alright," She shrugged, "Answer my question then."

"Anything Santana."

"Why'd you never come see me? You never thought about meeting your own daughter?" Santana mumbled glaring at Ward

"I didn't know how bad it was," Ward dropped his head, "I didn't think Marisol wanted anything to do with me."

"You don't know anything about how she raised me," Santana spat back, "Nor do you know about how 'bad' growing up in gang territory was."

"I know I don't-"

"Let me just catch you up on what you missed?" Santana paused, "Nothing says happy 13th birthday like, hey! you and your siblings are gonna start running for the gang! Actually I don't need to give you the update because you've seen my file."

"I'm sorry."

"Sorry is just a word," Santana teared up, feeling a knot in her stomach, "Sorry isnt gonna change the fact that you had your perfect life here, and didn't give a fuck about seeing me."