CRIMINAL ACTIVITY

"SHIT," Santana murmured as she jolted awake, realising she was laying on the couch next to JJ, in John B's "chateau"

"Yo JJ, you been outside?" John B sighed as he slapped JJ's legs

"I have polio bro, I can't walk," JJ replied, keeping his head down on the pillow he laid on. Santana hopped up, following after John B noticing the wreckage.

"This is not good," John B paused as he placed his hands on his shoulders, "That is not good."

"Selah's going to murder me," Santana groaned to herself as she helped John B push some branches off the HMS pogue, "I gotta get the fuck outta here."

"Hah, I can't wait for her to come after us," John B joked, "We're so gonna corrupt you."

Santana whistled, "Good luck with thaaaat!"

"Agatha did some work huh?" JJ burped as he drank some random beer from the night before.

"What're you thinking?" JJ added as he walked over to the two, by the boat.

"I'm thinking that storm surge pushed all the crabs out on the marsh maze. All those drum are gonna chase the crab," John B smiled, glancing over at the water.

"Aren't you supposed to be meeting DCS?" Santana nonchalantly asked, as John B then glared at JJ who threw his arms up, "Don't worry he didn't tell me."

"Then who did?"

"That cop Susan or something... She was the one who filed all my papers and she started talking about the local kids I could potentially make friends with, blah blah blah," She paused, "Then she left the room and I opened her files."

"She's so sweet."

"You just opened her cabinet and read John B's file?" JJ asked, trying not to smile

"She left me in that room for an hour, I had to read something," Santana shrugged, "And it wasn't just yours Johnny. There's a lotta shady little kids. Not quite on my level though, sorry to burst your bubble."

"I'll note your criminal activity for later, it could be useful," John B joked, "But about DCS, there's no way they're getting on the ferry. Come on, think about it, it's god's way of telling us to fish."

"I'll see you boys later," Santana smiled, as she squinted her eyes, "Thanks for letting me crash."

"You're not coming fishing?" JJ pouted.

"I may or may not have to do some community service," She tilted her head, "And by that I mean I need to work at the board shop today otherwise i'm getting my ass sent back."

"We'll be out in the marsh," John B smiled, "You should come by later then."

——

"THAT'S THE GRADY WHITE," John B spoke up as he swam up to the surface, "It's, it's the Grady White Santana and I saw when we were surfing at the surge."

John B, Kie, Pope abd JJ all swam back up, and climbed onto the boat after running into the Grady White at the Marsh.

"Maybe it hit the Jetty?" John B added.

"You guys surfed the surge?" Kie asked with a concerned look.

"Pogue style," JJ laughed.

"Wait... but do we know who's boat that is?" Pope questioned.

"No, but we're about to find out," John B nodded as he glanced into the marsh water.

"Dude, it's too deep," JJ rolled his eyes.

"Only for the week and feeble JJ."

"Well I'm not resuscitating you. I'm making that clear up front," JJ protested.

"That's fine," John B replied as he then began being lectured by the crew, pulling up the anchor.

John B threw himself and the anchor down into the water, swimming down to the Grady White. He immediately swam up, but not until after finding a motel key.

"Any dead bodies?" Pope panicked whereas JJ's eyes went wide, "Looting potential?"

"No, no, no... but I found this motel key."

"A key?"

"Great, we salvaged a damn motel key," JJ sighed as he rolled his eyes.

"We should report this wreck to the coast guard, we might get a finders fee!" Kie spoke up, leading the conversation.

"Yeah and not work all summer. Thanks Agatha, ya batch!"

Little did they know, after speeding off in their boat, a dead body had floated to the surface.

——

"SELAH, WE NEED HER," JJ softly demanded as he barged into Selah's shop, where both her and Santana were standing at the register.

"We actually do," John B added, followed by Pope and Kie, "We have a situation. And she is required. It's like Pogue law."

"And why am I letting her leave work?" Selah asked, tilting her head, "For Pogue law, huh?"

"Uhnm," JJ turned to Pope, "Nah man, I didn't get that far into the plan."

"The answer is, and I know you don't like to hear it JJ, but no."

Santana pouted at her aunt, "No quieres que haga amigos?"

"Did any of you understand that?" JJ scratched his head as Kie nudged him, "Now THAT is a foreign language."

"Go before I change my mind," Selah rolled her eyes, "It's not happening again."

"Gracias," Santana smiled as she kissed Selah's cheek, running around the side of the booth.

"That was easier than I thought," Kie nodded, "Selah's normally super headstrong."

"Are we talking about the same Selah? She's like the pushover of the century," Santana asked as the Pogues walked out of the shop, "Okay but what do you guys need me for?"

"Well we found something at the Marsh," Pope began, "And then that dumbass found something else."

"Ouch," John B groaned as he showed off the motel key, "It was the Grady White we saw at the surge."

"And nobodies listening to us, we tried to report it but nobodies doing anything," Kie added.

"So we need to somehow sneak into the motel and search it-"

"I'm down," She shrugged as she snatched the key, "There's for sure going to be cops there, I heard something on the news about a guy gone missing. What's the bet he owns the Grady?"

"Criminal. Mastermind," JJ's eyes went wide as Santana nonchalantly became discussing the marsh.