"tiny silver bullet"

"GO HELP POPE, I NEED TO FIND JJ," Santana insisted as she and Cleo found safety at a corner of the boat

"GO HELP POPE, I NEED TO FIND JJ," Santana insisted as she and Cleo found safety at a corner of the boat. Cleo ripped her hat off, "Right on captain!"

Cleo handed her the gun too and she grinned at. Santana then ran in the opposing direction to find JJ — she'd heard screaming coming from the lower deck. She didn't feel any comfort other, hearing gunshots and grunts appearing from all over the boat. All she was worried about was JJ.

Her neck felt tight too, constricted as she tried her best to breath as paced as possible. It didn't work much, she was running like a lunatic over the boat.

She eventually made it to the lower deck where one of the crew members attacking JJ and Kie. Santana loudly cocked the gun, "Step away from my friends."

"You heard the lady," JJ and Kie finally sighed with relief, catching a breath. The man slowly turned to face Santana with his hands help upward, "Put the gun down."

"Not likely," She shook her head, ushering him backward as Kie and JJ moved right out of the way. Santana walked forward and pressed the gun to his head, "Jump over."

"You're kidding," He replied, whincing at the feeling of the gun.

"She's definitely not kidding," JJ chimed in again, making Santana smirk. Santana pressed down harder until the man finally coward, throwing himself overboard. Santana faced JJ and Kie, "I didn't think he'd actually do it."

"Princesa, when you gotta gun to someone's head — I'm pretty sure they'd do anything," JJ affirmed. The trio panicked a moment afterward, hearing another two loud drops into the ocean. They ran closer to the left side of the boat, noticing Pope and Cleo in the escape boat.

No cross in sight.

"Looks like we're the ones who have to jump now," Kie cleared her throat, leaning over. Santana pulled her arm back softly, "What about the cross? They don't have it?"

"If they left it, it's for a reason," Kie insisted. The Pogues in the escape boat hadn't noticed the trio on board beside them, so they drove the boat to the other side — screaming out for them.

"Great, now we have to run right through the crossfire," Kie facepalmed herself. JJ however seemed enthusiastic, "We'll make it. Like Sana said, we don't have the cross. If we just bolt, they won't come after us."

"What else are we gonna do?" Santana added, peering over the edge of the boat. Her glance lasted a little longer when she noticed Rafe pulling the cross up the boat with some of the crew members, "Nevermind, we're gonna have a problem."

"We've got a gun," JJ nodded, "He's got nothing. Three against one... and multiples."

"Such reassuring odds babe, good one," Santana replied, rolling her eyes after. She scratched the back of her neck, "We just gotta go."

"What if we wait for them?" Kie freaked out, "They'll circle back."

"And wait like sitting ducks?" Santana questioned, "How can we take that chance?"

JJ's eyes darted between the two, and then back over to Rafe. "I say we run it."

"Me too," Santana looked up at JJ. He nodded again, and the two awaited Kie's reply.

"I just have a bad feeling," Kie frowned.

"As soon as we get to the other side we jump," Santana announced, "Nobody wait for eachother, just jump and get off. We could only be a few steps behind eachother anyways."

"Alright," JJ and Kie nervously agreed. The three finally started their sharp run across the boat, luckily the Pogues were still surveying the side of the boat and it looked like they'd have enough time.

Rafe and the crew members had just pulled the cross back onto the boat, all too tired to even stand up again.

Kie was leading, and she ran straight through the people. Then followed JJ. John B and Sarah had ran from the other side of the boat too, Sarah stopping in the middle to catch up with Santana.

"This isn't the time to stop running!" Santana panicked as she pushed herself and Sarah. The only two still left on the boat were Santana, JJ and Sarah.

"Are you okay?" Sarah didn't care, she held her sisters face. Santana furrowed her brows, "Are you?"

"Santana!" Ward screamed, limping as he held his bleeding head, "Santana, Sarah no! Come back! Please-"

Rafe was rambling in the background, unbeknownst to the Pogues, rummaging for a gun from the boat crew.

"Rot in hell Ward," Santana yelled back, making sure Sarah got off the boat before she did. JJ waited for Santana too, holding his hand out to her, "Ladies first."

Santana looped her leg over the side, starting to feel the aftermath of Rafe's attack prior. She couldn't tell if she was particularly dizzy from that or finally starting to accept it; she was fucking tired.

And still, while she was twisted over the edge of the boat, a tiny silver bullet flew from Rafe's gun and plunged into her torso.

— cloudydior
🤠