"el harpoon"

pls remeber santana and rafe are LITERAL siblings. thankyou please proceed 🤠

SOON ENOUGH, THE INTERCOMS BLARED and the Pogue's plan was enacted

SOON ENOUGH, THE INTERCOMS BLARED and the Pogue's plan was enacted. John B, Kie, Santana and JJ watched from the small cracks of the shipping container as all of the crew members begun  to huddle inside. John B announced their plan again, describing how once the crew were in the hull JJ and Kie would lock them inside, while Santana and John B would find Sarah. They would all meet in the end, finding the cross and making their escape on a lifeboat. It seemed simple.

"Are you sure I shouldn't just go with you John B?" Kiara pulled him by the shirt, glancing at Santana and JJ who were too busy discussing the last 24 hours. John B furrowed his brows, "Why?"

She cleared her throat, shuffling in her pockets, "Because they're like a team y-know? The B team remember?"

"You and JJ are a good team too," John B nodded, squinting his eyes at Kie who appeared apprehensive, "Dude, Sarah's her sister. Automatic promotion to A team."

"Right," Kie sighed. John B tilted his head, "What's going on Kie?"

"Nothing," She blurted out, "I-I was just asking."

"Yeah like I didn't watch you avoid Santana's gaze when she set foot in here," John B pryed, "You guys good? Well, none of us have really been able to hang out with her much lately."

"Everything is fine!" Kiara yelled covering her mouth, startling JJ and Santana. Santana laughed, "Well if we weren't about to be caught, we will now."

——

SANTANA AND JOHN B TRUDGED THROUGH THE SHIP, eventually making it below deck. Santana sighed as they peered through every corner, "Shit's fucked up when having a gun sounds like the most practical option."

"That's so Outer Banks of you," John B let out a small grin, "Look at you San!"

Santana rolled her eyes, punching his shoulder, "Have I ever told you that you were a comedian?"

"Little heavy on the punch there," John B whined, "Save that shit for Rafe."

The two heard a whistle further down the room, "Now what the hell are you doing here John B?"

"Speak of the devil," Santana mumbled, spinning around to face Rafe. John B jumped behind her, and the two noticed the large shiny gaff Rafe had in his hand, "El harpoon?"

"That's so Diaz of you!" Santana snickered, moving to the side, "Now stop being a pussy, he's not gonna do shit."

"Really?" Rafe let out a huff as he swung between the two. Santana teased him, "You missed."

"Dude!" John B slapped her shoulder, "Let's not irritate the psycho?"

"Says the one who calls him a psycho," Santana looked up at Rafe, "Really, you should let him go. Wouldn't be a fair fight."

John B scrunched his face at Santana, "And you would make a fair fight?"

"That's a bit sexist JB," Santana crossed her arms, "I've punched the fuck out of his face."

"That's true," Rafe chimed in. He quickly snapped out of it though, reeling to pull the gaff from the destroyed wires he'd crossed, "Now, back to our situation. It's the same old shit, Pogues trying to steal from us huh?"

"It never belonged to you," Santana argued, and Rafe swung — she barely dodged it. Santana glanced at John B, "This is the part where we fucking run."

"Cool," John B scrambled to get on his feet and Rafe tried to follow after. John B and Santana continued running in different directions to make it harder for Rafe to catch up, but eventually he'd made it to John B, cornering him.

Santana ran behind Rafe, pulling him back by his hair as she yanked him to the floor. The gaff fell out of his hands and Santana grabbed straight onto it. Rafe got up as soon as he could, latching on as well.

"Go get your girl dumbass," Santana yelled at John B, fighting over the gaff with Rafe. John B bolted out and that left the two angriest siblings alive.

"First you killed Peterkin, then you tried to kill Sarah, now you're trying to kill me," Santana pushed the gaff down harder, "How high are you tryna get with the body count?"

"I shouldn't try, I won't be able to beat Oscar's," Rafe grabbed the gaff, swinging as Santana ran around their obstacle. She gasped, "So uncalled for."

Rafe eventually overpowered her, ripping the gaff out of her hands so Santana attempted to dodge his anticipated swings. In the moment, her eyes attached to a diffrerent door and she targeted it — if she could run out fast enough, she'd be able to bring the fight to the deck.

Too overwhelmed to notice, she ran toward fallen wires where she'd tripped, it stumped her but it wasn't enough to send her to the ground. However, Rafe was catching up to her. He swung at her head this time, and Santana crouched to the floor. She rummaged through her surroundings, grabbing the nearest item to her and throwing it at him.

Rafe plunged the gaff at her again, and this time she pushed it away.

He stopped running for the moment, realising he might've just met his match. He was out of breath, — and so was Santana, though she wouldn't admit — Santana slowed down at the sight, "You- you might need to hit the gym if you're this tired chasing me."

"I'm the one who needs to hit the gym?" Rafe furrowed his brows, "I could've killed you."

"Shoulda coulda woulda," Santana rolled her eyes, she nearly started to laugh, anticipating his defeat, "The thing is, if I were to say that I was gonna kill you — let's be real, I'd fucking kill you."

Within a second, he'd lunged back at her and his hand was secure around her neck as he threw Santana against the wall. His grip grew tighter and his smile did too, "What was that?"

"You won't," She spat, barely getting out her words. With every little utterance he strangled her more. Santana tried her best to kick her legs around, but soon her precious air was running out.

"I won't?" Rafe laughed in her face, humming again, "You think I wouldn't do it?"

"It won't make you feel better," Santana spoke slowly, her eyes darting beside her trying to find a way out. She noticed the door on the opposite side slowly creek open, she assumed it was John B at first but noticed Cleo. She tip toed inside.

"It's not gonna hurt me," He painfully laughed.

"Rafe, let me go," She slowly nodded her head. He gripped a little tighter, "I can't do that Santana. I can't."

"You can," Santana moved her hands onto his trying to pry them off, "You can let me go, and you can fix all of this. Turn yourself in, let everyone have their peace."

"And what about mine!" Rafe yelled, and Cleo moved to hide incase he'd turn around. Rafe teared up, "What about my peace?"

Santana stopped flailing her legs, "What about Sarah's? Wheezie's? Peterkin's family?"

Rafe seemed to soften a little, and Cleo resumed her timid walk. She made it behind Rafe, hitting him across the head with the back of a gun. She didn't say a word, Cleo just grabbed Santana's arm and bolted.

"I just wanted him to be proud of me," Rafe fell to the floor.

— cloudydior
only a few chapters left $&@$&