81, hope is for losers

IN ITS PRIME, POGUELANDIA WAS A NEW SAFE HAVEN

IN ITS PRIME, POGUELANDIA WAS A NEW SAFE HAVEN. There were no cops or nagging parents, simply no rules. Some found it harder than others to cope with their new island living, while Santana and JJ really just craved a blunt to top off their island paradise.

The Pogues had built quite the shelter, something like an island pinterest board; minus the bugs, the lack of deodorant and dirtiness of their clothes. There are only so many ways to wear the same shirt.

JJ and Santana were off on another beach walk, scouring for anything useful. While they sure were relaxing for the first time in months, they'd grown tense with eachother. Santana just had the sinking pit in her stomach, the thought always circling in her head that JJ had left her behind.

She didn't remember much, she couldn't hear Ward or JJ screaming. All she saw was him jumping off that boat. Santana thought it was selfish to be upset, but when she looked at him all she could think of was him leaving. She'd remind herself she was just being dramatic, that it wasn't worth the conversation. She didn't want her bliss to be ruined.

JJ still felt guilty about leaving her. It didn't matter how many times Kie had talked him down from it, he felt like he failed. He couldn't think any differently than that Santana wouldn't have done that: she would've stayed, she would've fought, she would've done something instead of turning her back.

"Did you see Pope and Cleo yesterday?" Santana hummed as the two pushed through tree leaves, "I swear he's got googly eyes for her."

JJ smiled, "Cleo would keep him on his toes for sure."

"You think that's why Kie's been weird?" Santana asked, "Her and Pope sort of fizzled out and boom, Pope and Cleo's lowkey got something going on."

"Maybe," JJ shrugged, "Even back on the boat she was spaced out, but she hasn't said anything to anyone I don't think."

"Probably stressed under that smile of hers," Santana replied, "I don't think she likes it out here... Not that anyone really does-"

"But us," JJ giggled as the two fist bumped, "I get that it's not the lux life but, it's felt more like home than anything I've had. Especially being that there's no Luke Maybank to deal with."

Santana retorted, "Home is where the heart is."

"Who needs a rescue from paradise when I've got my Pogues," JJ said, the two coming to a stop as they were puffed out. They took a seat in the dirt, laying back on a log, "I'm not going back, San. Ever."

"I don't believe it," Santana teased as he shook his head, "If it ain't Yucatan, it'll be a deserted island. You're obviously welcome."

"What happens when you undercook your fish and get salmonella?" Santana probed, the blonde laughing, "Make sure you tuck my precious blonde hair behind my ears and tell me it's all gonna be okay."