"goodmorning crackhead!"

italics in THIS chapter are flashbacks to the previous chapter :)

AS A SPECIAL TREAT the officers had given John B back the his van and so, in style, John B drove Santana, JJ and even Oscar back to the chateau

AS A SPECIAL TREAT the officers had given John B back the his van and so, in style, John B drove Santana, JJ and even Oscar back to the chateau. While they would've loved to have stormed into JJ's house to surprise Kiara, Pope and what they thought would be Sarah and Cesar, the group fell asleep sprawled over the Chateau floor the second they hit the ground. They couldn't help but feel true relief, this was it — Ward and Rafe Cameron were about to pay.

The morning couldn't have come faster to Santana, the second she had enough sleep in her system she was up and beaming. She shoved Oscar awake, begging him to make his infamous pancakes. While he was annoyed she'd interrupted his beauty sleep, Oscar somehow agreed to make the Pogues breakfast; he noted that it indeed was celebratory and he couldn't wait to hear that "that tonto Ward" was going to get what he deserved.

Santana was quite annoyed however to see that Marisol and Selah had crashed too, making it a point to avoid them the second they stumbled in after the Pogues. Selah was getting more and more annoyed by the second due to Santana's eagerness to get them back to the station.

Eventually John B and JJ had awoken, and Santana wasn't letting either boy out of her many hugs, "Santana, you can let go now."

"Speak for yourself John B, I'm enjoying the hugs," JJ smirked, though Oscar had shot them a look, "Don't enjoy them too much."

"I would say I'm enjoying them a reasonable amount," JJ gulped as he scratched the back of his neck. Santana finally broke away from what felt like her thousandth group hug that morning, "Yo, has she ever been in this kind of mood?'

"Only time I've seen Santana with her goofy smile was when she spray painted Prophet's territory with her name all over it," Oscar chuckled, pausing as Marisol shot him a glare, "What! She kicked ass and got away with it."

"I was not smiling," Marisol held her hand to her head.

"Oh my god, did you tell dad about that one? The bio one, not the partial deadbeat who raised me," Santana beamed such an innocent smile with such a sour tone. Selah nearly spit out her coffee laughing, "Ten cuidado Selah."

"Ooohhkay," John B cleared his throat with softened laughter, placing his hands on Santana's shoulders, "Why don't we go have a reunion?"

"Like now," JJ added. Santana gladly agreed, "Wait, where the hell are Sarah and Cesar? I texted them both."

"I thought you heard back from them," John B furrowed his brows, "YOU HAVEN'T HEARD FROM THEM?"

"Don't be yelling at her!" Oscar yelled, "Has anyone in this room heard from em'?"

Everyone shook their heads. Santana, as the impulsive person she is, begun formulating a plan, "How about... you guys go have a reunion, Oscar make sure those two get back to the police station in one piece and I will go find Cesar and Sarah."

"NO!" Everyone objected but Selah, who'd spent her time since returning from the police station silent or slumped in a chair.

"Nobody should be splitting up," Marisol announced, "Limbrey'll be knocking down on my door any minute looking for your friend's key, cops are crawling everywhere and quire frankly, we don't know where Rafe or Ward is."

"She's right hermanita," Oscar added. Marisol had then stood up from the kitchen table with car keys in hand moving to her pocket, obviously that's where Santana's eyes went. Santana sighed, she then walked over to her mother and embraced her in an awkward hug that Marisol had fallen for.

"You guys are right, I'll just go wait in the van to go see Kie and Pope," She sighed, and the people in the room stood perplexed.

"Should we stop her?" JJ squinted his eyes hard as he whispered to John B, "Nah, we both know she's always right."

"She stole my keys didn't she?" Marisol stood embarrassed, hearing a car outside rev.

"She sure did," JJ smiled.

——

SANTANA FIRST TRIED THE DOCK where she was supposed to meet Sarah, unsurprisingly she didn't see much. She walked around the dock for a bit, hoping to see some sort of clue; and luckily she did. Rafe's signet ring was on the floor by a large tub of water. Suddenly all of the relief she felt in the morning had mellowed away. Now her mission was to find Rafe.

She could only assume Rafe was on a bender of some sort, so why not go to the source? She begun driving to Barry's, the second she'd pulled into his home she saw Barry doing pull ups on his deck and Rafe knocked out.

"Hey! Hey! Hey! I don't want no problems!" Barry jumped off, his eyes going wide the second he saw Santana.

"I'm not here for you," She spat back. Barry tried to pull her back before she launched at Rafe, but she ripped her arm away.

"I wouldn't touch him," Barry sighed, "The kid's spiraling."

"Okay," She hummed, throwing the ring from the dock at Rafe's forhead.

"Or do that," Barry held his hands at the back of his neck, "Damn you guys are so hostile."

"Goodmorning crackhead!" Santana knelt down to the couch he was sleeping on, "You and I need to have a chat."

"Well goodmorning to you too," Rafe whined, slowly waking up. He was so tired that he hadn't realised it was Santana just yet, only being jolted awake when his eyes darted to a text message from Ward.

"That was a lot nicer than I expected," Santana shrugged, turning to Barry, "Did he say anything to you 'bout why he crashed?"

"All I know is he turned up freaking the fuck out and slept on my couch," Barry continued, with his arms up defensively.

"You can put your arms down, I'm here solo," Santana replied.

"Nobody's coming to kill me?"

"Probably not," She said. Santana finally turned her attention back to Rafe who was now sat up, she pulled his collar, "What'd you do to Sarah and Cesar?"

"Sarah and Cesar?" He repeated. Rafe's brows were furrowed for a moment before his actions of the night before had rushed back into his mind.

"RAFE! HE'S BLEEDING YOU PSYCHO!"

"I-I dunno San, you tried calling them?" Rafe started tapping his foot on the floor. His sarcasm only made Santana grow angrier by the second.

"You're a piece of shit Rafe," She scoffed, "What the hell did you do to them!"

"This is your fault Sarah. You listen to me! I'm a proactive kind of person and we have a problem. I'm trying to solve the problem tonight!"

"What'd you give the guy? LSD?" Santana snapped her fingers in front of Rafe.

"Nah man, he's too crybaby for LSD," Barry laughed.

There were a few knocks at the door, startling the two. Rafe had to shake himself out of his mood. The three then looked up to see a disguised Ward Cameron, "Are you kidding me? You should be in handcuffs by now!"

— cloudydior
hiiiiii
any predictions for THE boat scene?

side note i cannot wait to post the bonfire chapter 🙌🏼🙌🏼🙌🏼🙌🏼