Chapter 15- A new friendship- Meeting Yugi Muto!

(Y/n) woke up the next morning back in her apartment. The bloody message on her bedroom wall had been removed, but the uneasy feeling of knowing that someone broke into her apartment still sent shivers down her spine.

It was a Monday and the start of her work week. Her investigation into background information on the vandal had to wait until that evening, but she was determined to get to the bottom of it quickly, for her sake and Seto's.

As she walked briskly into the Kaiba Corp Headquarters, a young man about her age caught her attention. She had never seen him before, she was certain of that. His perfectly coiffed hair of black, red and blonde sat atop his head in a striking style. That's not a hairstyle you see everyday... I wonder if he had a fight with an electric socket... (Y/n) thought as she walked towards the elevator doors.

"Excuse me.." The soft spoken man said, interrupting her thoughts.

"Can I help you?" (y/n) asked.

"Yeah, actually. Today is my first day of work, and I'm looking for the game design department. Do ya think you could help me?"

"Oh sure, I'd be happy to. It's on my way to my office anyway." (Y/n) extended a hand to shake. "I'm (first name, last name) by the way."

"I'm Yugi Muto." The man said sweetly. "It's nice to meetcha! What do you do around here?"

"I work in business development, I'm actually our newest executive. I help out Seto-- I mean Mr. Kaiba with winning new contracts and selling gaming products."

"Wow! That sounds really cool! Kaiba hired me to lead his game design team."

"I see." (y/n) stepped off the elevator, showing Yugi the department he would be working in. "Best of luck with your first day, Yugi! Let me know if you ever need anything and welcome to the Kaiba Corp team!"

***

The rest of the morning sped by until lunchtime. (Y/n) sat in the work cafeteria when she noticed the new boy walking through the cafe.

"Hi Yugi!"

"Hi, (your name)!" Yugi said, holding his lunch bag. "Mind if I join you?"

"Of course!"

The two made small talk over lunch. (Y/n) learned about Yugi's former rivalry with Seto Kaiba, and she learned that Kaiba had offered Yugi a job inventing new duel monster products and games because of his 'King of Games' title and his experience helping run his grandpa's game store.

"Dweeb fest continues." A loud voice turned (y/n) attention to none other than Seto, who was standing in front of the table where Yugi and herself were chatting over sandwiches.

"Hiya Seto!" (Y/n) said playfully. "Did you want to join us? Yugi told me all about your history together-I didn't know you had such cool friends!"

Seto crossed his arms in annoyance. "I don't have time for friendships..."

"What do you mean? What about us?" (y/n) covered her mouth and turned bright red in the face. "What I meant is-"

"Oh, I get it." Yugi said cheerfully. "You two must be dating. He never looks at anything but his blue eyes white dragon cards with affection, but I can tell he likes you. Besides, I read in a tabloid that Kaiba was spotted around Domino City with a very beautiful woman."

(Your name) turned even redder with embarrassment. Although they had defined the relationship, she wasn't sure how he wanted to handle telling their office because of he was technically still her boss.

"What are you talking about Yugi?" (Y/n) laughed nervously. "Kaiba and I- well, we are, we work together."

Seto sighed. "So Yugi, you figured it out. I guess it couldn't be helped."

"Wow, Kaiba! I can't believe you finally have a girlfriend! We'll have to go on a double date sometime!"

"I agree," (Y/N) said cheerfully. "You have my email, Yugi. Let's put something together soon!"

The conversation quickly ended and (Y/n) finished the rest of her workday and walked home to let her dog out and finish a few projects from her home office.

(Y/n) opened a new tab and searched for a connection between the vandal, Sarah Turner, and Gozaburo Kaiba's alleged mistress. She scanned a few articles until finally realizing the connection.

(Y/n) quickly dialed Seto who surprisingly went to voicemail. "Seto, It's me. We need to talk, it's about your step-father and the vandalism. I've figured out how they are connected! Please call me back as soon as you can!"