Chapter 4- Mokuba + Reader Investigate!

(Your Name's) eyelids felt heavy as she woke the next morning to the vibration of her work phone.

"Hello?" (Your Name) answered groggily.

"Where are you?" Mokuba asked anxiously.

(Your name) looked at her phone. "It's 6:45 in the morning... on a Saturday. Is everything okay?"

"It's really urgent. Can you please come to Kaiba Corp HQ and fast?"

"Sure," (Y/N) yawned. She quickly dressed and jogged to her office to see Mokuba standing by the front desk.

"Mokuba, what's going on?" (your name) scanned the office to notice she seemed to be the only one meeting Mokuba. She felt a hand grab her wrist and pull her into a dark vacant hallway.

"No time to explain," The shaggy haired boy said as the duo sprinted to the end of the hallway. He swiped a card and pulled (your name) into a large computer room filled with several monitors. Moments later, shouts and loud knocking came from outside the room.

"Mokuba! We know you're in there! Come out quietly and no one has to get hurt!" A deep voice bellowed as the thumping of the door continued.

(your name) gasped in horror as she heard the loading of guns and murmurs outside the large steel door. Mokuba typed rapidly and swiped a USB drive out of his pocket. "Just a few seconds..." he murmured. The sound of gunshots ricocheting off the wall filled (your name's) eardrums. As the door started to open, Mokuba grabbed (y/n) arm and pulled her into a vent just in time to avoid capture by a large group of suited men that managed to pry themselves into the room.

"Dammit! He's escaping!" One man shouted.

"Mokuba! What the hell is going on?" (y/n) hissed.

Still avoiding question, he pushed open a door that led to a small garage with sleek red ferrari. "It's not safe here! Get in!" Mokuba yelled.

Before she could argue or protest, (y/n) slid into the passenger side as Mokuba revved the engine and zoomed out of the garage. The two sped towards the highway until they were miles from the concrete jungle of Domino City.

Mokuba let out an exasperated sigh. "Finally... I think we're safe."

"Safe from what Mokuba?"

"Safe from those cronies. They took Seto!" Mokuba looked down sadly at the steering wheel.

"What? Why? We have to find him!" (your name) declared.

"I honestly.. Have no idea. I heard some men break into his office, I wanted to help him, but I was afraid. So I hid until they left." Mokuba confessed. "They said it was time for payback."

"But payback for what?" (Y/N) wondered aloud. "We need to start there if we want to find leads... Are you positive you have no idea what this is about?"

"No... no idea. I'm sorry." Mokuba said.

"Well in that case, we need to go to my place, we should be safe there, for the moment." Mokuba agreed, and the two made a U-turn to (your name's) skyrise apartment. Mokuba played with little (dog's name) while (your name) investigated her boss on the deep web. As a president of a major corporation, he was bound to have enemies. But enemies that would take the man in broad daylight from his own office? This had to be an inside job... (your name) thought as she dug for information on the rest of his executive team.

"Mokuba, is there anyone in particular that Seto has... rubbed the wrong way lately? Anyone high up in Kaiba Corp?"

"Now that you mention it, yeah. Remember when we gave the presentation about that proposal a few weeks ago? And how he fired people for not knowing what our annual revenue was?" Mokuba asked.