I'll Race You

"Kayla broke up with me" he said, rubbing his temples

"Alex" I said softly "I'm sorry" I put my hand on top of his, he sighed and turned round to me.

"I suppose it's a good thing, we were having so many troubles" he said, it hurt me to see him like this "I just tried so hard to make it work"

"It is a good thing" I said "she made you miserable, you deserved so much better than what she gave to you" he just scoffed, looking at his lap.

"No I don't"

I sighed "You once said told me I deserved better, that one day I'll find a guy who treats me how I deserve to be treated and he would be the luckiest guy in the world" I said, tucking a finger under his chin to make him look me in the eyes "the same goes for you"

"I'll find a guy?" he tried to joke, I just gave him a look.

"You know what I mean" I said

"I do" Alex said, he smiled a little and turned to me "Thank you Cam, you're the best"

"I know" I shrugged, he smiled, grabbing me into a hug. I wasn't expecting that but I hugged back. He pulled me closer into his chest, so much so that I fitted under his chin, he rested his chin on the top of my head. I don't know how long we sat there for but eventually we pulled apart. He locked eye contact with me, my throat closed up, I had the biggest urge to just lean over and kiss him. I saw him move closer to my lips and I coughed, looking away from him. I couldn't kiss him right now, he's just gone through a break up. I didn't want to be rebound girl.

"I know what'll make you feel better" I smiled at him

"What's that?" he said, looking like I'd bruised his ego a little.

"Getting drunk and partying hard" I said

"Good idea" he said, standing up. He held his hand out to me, I took it and he pulled me to my feet. He had on a strong smile but I could see right through it.

"come on Gaskarth" I said elbowing him "I'll race you"

He grinned "you're so on"

A few hours later everyone was dressed in nice clothes and partying in the hotel, it was open bar and, unfortunately, I wasn't drunk yet. I was just pleasantly tipsy. The dress I'd bought was beautiful, it was peach coloured and the back was open with lots of straps. My arms were lined with bracelets and I was sitting talking to Josh Franceschi, which I had fangirled a little bit to him about the fact, and I quote, "oh my god, you're you!" Don't blame me, blame the alcohol and the fact I was a huge You Me At Six fangirl. Alex stumbled over, he was more drunk than I was. Still not hammered but just nicely drunk.

"hey Cameroooon" he said, smiling

"Hi Alex" I giggled

"Care to dance?" he asked, holding out his hand to me "If you're not busy"

"Nah, it's fine mate" Josh said, I smiled at him before Alex dragged me off to the dance floor, almost making me trip over my ridiculously high heels. I'd got them a few months ago, they were studded with about six inch heels and if I didn't break my ankle tonight it'll be a fucking miracle. Alex dragged me through a crowd of people, it was really hot and kinda sweaty and I was forced to dance really close to him. Not that I was complaining. After a few songs Alex dragged me back out the crowd, saying something about going for drinks with the birthday boy. We found Jack sitting doing shots with Austin from om&m, Mike from watic, the guitarist of Mayday Parade who's name escaped me at that moment, and Vic and Jaime. We did a few shots with them before Alex dragged me away to do a shot game, which I'd win since I could hold my alcohol surprisingly well for someone of my height and he'd had more than me.

JACK

"they'd make a cute couple" Austin said, I don't think he particularly meant to say it out loud but I turned round to where he was looking. I saw it was Alex and Cameron and I sighed, I nodded, agreeing with him. I wish he'd realize how awesome my little sister is.

"They would" Vic agreed

"I mean it's obvious he likes her" Brooks said

"Wait" I chipped in "he?"

"Yeah" Brooks said

"It's really fucking obvious he likes her as well, especially when he's drunk" Jaime said, I frowned, turning to look at them. Alex had just choked on his drink because of a joke Cam had told and she was now giggling as he coughed.

"Why do you ask?" Austin questioned

"It's just, she's had this crush on him for years and.." I snapped my mouth shut, realizing what I'd just said. Dammit.

"Really?" 

"Yeah" I sighed, giving up, I'd said it now.

"So... why aren't they a couple?" Vic asked, all of us were watching them now as they did more shots and pushed each other around playfully.

"Alex has a girlfriend" I shrugged. It's not that I didn't like Kayla but I just don't really know what Alex saw in her. They all sighed, watching them laugh and talk. I sure wish Alex would see just how good Cam was for him.

okay okay waaaay too short of an update but I've been writing loads and the cut offs worked out that this part was a bit shorter :( The next one will be back to normal! Please vote/comment and feel free to follow me!