No Proof

When I finally got off the merch table it was half nine at night and I wasn't tired anymore, i was buzzing. I packed up all the merch and lugged it back to the bus. I clambered on the bus and was put off at how quiet it was. I wandered down the bus and heard the TV in the back room blaring. I walked in to see all the guys in sweats, blankets and they were watching Iron Man. I smiled.

"Hey Cam" Jack grinned "come join us"

"Just let me get something more comfortable" I laughed, walking down to my bunk to get changed into something else. I found my Alice In Wonderland leggings and a big batman shirt and walked back. I squished in between Jack and Zack. It was already half way through and half the crew were crammed into this tiny room. 

"You know what were missing?" Zack said

"What's that Zackie?" I said

"Popcorn" he said, jumping up 

"Damn straight" Alex said, moving along into Zack's space next to me "you get on that"

I smiled, I liked him being so close to me. My smile fell when Alex's phone rang, he pulled it out of his pocket and I could see Kayla's name flashing on the screen. I felt a little better when Alex sighed as he left the room.

"Hey Kayla" he said just before he closed the door behind him.

"I think I'm gonna go to bed" I mumbled

"Okay, sleep well" Jack said, planting a kiss on the side of my face. I chuckled half heatedly, wiping my face and heading down to my bunk. I could her Alex talking in the bunk above mine so I quietly slid into my bunk, not wanting to disturb him but I couldn't help but listen to his heated conversation with Kayla.

"So what?" Alex said, sounding very frustrated 

"Do you not trust me?" he said, I couldn't make out what Kayla was saying.

"I'm not going to cancel my whole tour just because you don't trust me"

"Kayla this is ridiculous" 

"I am not cheating on you! How could you even think that!"

"Whatever" he sighed "I gotta go"

I heard him heave a massive sigh and roll out of his bunk, padding back down the bus to the back lounge. I didn't get to sleep very well that night, I kept thinking of Alex and how much of a bitch Kayla was. She obviously thought there actually was something between me and Alex and, as much as I wish there was, there really wasn't. I mean she had no proof he'd cheated and she was still giving him a hard time. She's his girlfriend. She's supposed to trust him. What a bitch. He deserved so much better and I'm not saying me. 

But me would be good.

x

I woke up the morning of Jack's birthday to a hand going over my mouth. I stifled a scream but calmed down when I was it was Rian, he pressed a finger to his lips and pointed to Jack's bunk. I nodded, silently rolling out of my bunk. It was time to set up Jack's party. I was going to stay on the bus with Jack, telling him everyone had gone out to have fun in Vegas but we were going to have lunch in the hard rock hotel at one and basically lead him into the pool and the party. I slid over to Jack's junk bunk to pack his crap. I jammed his swimsuit and his fancy clothes for the after party in a bag along with my shorts, crop top and a kimono to cover up the scars on my arms. The crew were trying to look natural, going about their business. All I had to do now was wake up Jack and get him to the Hard Rock Hotel, should be easy enough?

I got dressed and waited 'till Rian had gone before I jumped into Jack's bunk to wake him up, he groaned as I started shaking his shoulders.

"We're going to be late for lunch" I laughed, throwing clothes at him.

"5 more minutes" he groaned

"Nope" I said, giving him a hard shove, he fell out the end of his bunk and hit the floor with a thud. I looked over the edge just in time to see him flip me off. A lot of complaining later I finally got him to the hotel. He'd questioned me about my bag that was kinda full of all our clothes but I'd tried to act cool by saying it was just "girl stuff".

"Cam, where are we going?" Jack frowned as we walked back towards the pool area. I just ignored him and grinned as I pushed open the doors to the pool.

"Surprise!" came the roaring yell of about 100 people.

"Holy shit!" Jack laughed "What did you do?!" he turned to me, grinning.

"Happy birthday!" I laughed, he grabbed me into a hug, my feet leaving the ground and he turned me round.

"I can't take all the credit" I giggled as Alex came over, Jack hugged him too.

"well then let's get this party started!" Jack yelled, there was a joined cheer from the party and then All Time Low started blasting through the speakers. Jack and I went to the bathroom quickly to change and went back outside. We had lost Alex so went on a hunt to find him, but not before fixing ourselves drinks and found him at the DJ table.

"I can't believe you guys did this for me" he laughed, dropping an arm over my shoulders. Alex grabbed the microphone and turned to the pool.

"Hey there Vegas, what's up!" he yelled into the microphone "this is my best friend in the whole world and it's his birthday today so if you don't make some noise I'll come down to the pool and kill you myself" I chocked on my drink at that as Alex held the microphone out to the crowd for them to cheer. I turned away and coughed, not really listening to what Alex was saying next, just concentrating on not dying, how attractive am I?

The pool party was so fucking fun, they were mostly serving energy drinks and not a lot of alcohol, that would come at the after party. I spent a lot of time catching up with friends, bands I'd aready met when they toured with the guys and having Jack introduce me to a lot of the new ones, telling them I was his "best little sister who organised all this". At first I denied that and gave Alex some credit but then I got bored and just accepted it as I shook a lot of peoples hands. I spent a while talking to Travis, who I hadn't seen since We The Kings had toured with All Time Low 3 years ago. It was so nice to catch up with him.

"Cam!" I heard Rian yell, I turned round as he walked over "Have you seen Alex?"

"Not in a while, why?"

"He has Jack's cake somewhere and we have to leave the pool in a while" he said

"I'll help you look for him" I smiled, I waved goodbye to Travis and Rian and I split up to look for Alex. Everyone we asked said the same, that they hadn't seen him or they hadn't seen him in a while. I almost gave up looking but I figured I'd ask the front desk if they'd seen him. I wrapped my kimono around me to cover my bare midriff and padded into the hotel. I walked up to the friendly looking man at the front desk.

"Can I help you?" he asked

"Yeah, I'm just wondering has a man gone through here?" I asked "About 6 foot tall, uh, chunks of pink in his hair"

"Oh yeah, he walked through here about 20 minutes ago, he was on the phone, I think he went out to the parking lot"

"Okay, thank you!" I smiled and walked out to the parking lot. I looked around and almost turned back before I saw him on a bench across the road. I frowned and crossed quickly. 

"Alex?" I said softly

"Oh hey Cam" he said, turning his head away from me

"Are you alright?" I asked

"Fine" he said, his voice catching

"Alex..?" I said, sitting down next to him. He sighed and looked round, his eyes were red and puffy and his cheeks were wet. My heart practically split in two at that moment.

"Shit" I managed "what happened?"