Time For Tour

I was awoken by my front door slamming shut. I groaned and rolled over, my eyes adjusting to the darkness. My clock read 4:06am. Another groan, I forgot the guys were waking up early for this tour, the decided against leaving last night like most smart people would. It was going to take us at least a day and a night of driving to get there because they're not smart people we're not flying either. The first show was in Salt Lake City in Utah.

"Cam!" Jack's voice yelled from downstairs "time to get up you lazy shit" I rolled out of bed, landing on the floor with a soft thud. I lay there for a few minutes before plucking up the energy to actually get up and stumble across the hall to the bathroom. I hopped into the shower and too the quickest shower in existence. I pulled my hair into a side braid and pulled my purple beanie over the top. I secured a towel around me, knowing that the crew would be downstairs and I'd rather they didn't see me naked. I closed my bedroom door behind me, I pulled on the first clothes I hadn't packed yet. It just so happened to be a JAGK shirt I'd never seen before and a pair of high waisted shorts. I pulled on my favourite black converse I hadn't packed yet because I always wore them. After applying my everyday makeup and brushing my teeth I shoved my toiletries into my case and lobbed it downstairs, adding it to the pile of vases in the hall that Jeff was lugging on to the bus. I'd used my bright pink case to make sure they'd know it was mine. The scent of Rian's chocolate chip pancakes filled my nose and IO grinned, bounding into the kitchen. Rian was flipping pancakes and Alex was deep in conversation with Jack about something. He stopped and looked over when I entered the room, that warm smile I loved tugging at the corners of his mouth.

"I was wondering where that went" he said

"Hmm?" I asked, not really paying attention and focusing on the plate of pnacakes Rian pushed towards me. I sat up at the breakfast bar with them.

"That's mine" he said, nodding at the shirt I was wearing. I looked down, only just realising it smelled like him.

"It's mine now" I shrugged

After a lot of panicking from Matt, we were standing outside the bus, saying our goodbyes. I tried not to watch as Kayla grabbed Alex in a lip lock. Jen saw this and jumped over, grabbing me into a bone crushing hug.

"Keep an eye on Zack for me" she hissed in my ear

"I will" I nodded, they weren't totally exclusive yet but they liked each other and I know she didn't want him finding another girl. 

"Now go before I start crying" she laughed "have fun and wear sunblock, you know how easily you burn" 

"Yes mom" I chuckled, I suddenly felt an arm go round my waist and my feet leave the ground as I was thrown over someone's shoulder. I knew it was Alex because of the American flag jeans that I was trying not to stare at his ass in.

"Come on slow poke!" he said, running towards the bus. I tried not to laugh at Kayla's sour expression. I saw the floor of the bus appear, laughing uncontrollably as I almost fell off his shoulder. Alex put me down in the living room, he smiled at me, brushing a hair that had fallen out of my braid out of my eyes and tucked it behind my ear. He opened his mouth to say something but Jack grabbed my hand and was pulling me to the window to wave goodbye. The last thing I saw was Alex sulk down to his bunk.

x

I woke up on the first day I was supposed to be starting work to voices singing Call Me Maybe. Badly. I chuckled to myself and rolled out of my bunk. I'd picked the one nearest to the floor as I tended to roll over in my sleep and it was either this or the tallest one and I didn't like the idea of falling nearly two metres to the hard floor. At least I got the bunk below Alex. I wandered down the bus to the kitchen where Jack and Evan were jamming out in the living room. Alex was sitting on the counter, munching on a bowl of soggy Reeses cereal.I turned my nose up at it a little.