A Shame

I woke up at around 3 in the afternoon a few days later and stifled a yawn. I sat up slowly, finding a hoodie on my floor and pulling it on. I could hear voiced from downstairs so I walked into the living room and I managed an-

''Oh'' I looked at Alex, Jack, Matt, Rian and Zack all sitting in my living room

''Oh hey Cam'' Jack smiled

''What are you guys doing?'' I asked, zipping the hoodie I was wearing over my holey pyjama top, only to realize it was Alex's Glmr Klls baseball style hoodie I was wearing. He must have left it here last time he was over. Nice one Cameron, way to not look suspicious.

''Trying to set a date to finish the album by and also planning if we can fit in Warped Tour'' Matt said, sounding flustered.

''Oh right, I won't disturb you then'' I said backing away

''No'' Alex said forcefully, the guys looked at him quizzically ''I mean, um, stay? we could do with some help''

''I wouldn't be a bother?'' I asked, mostly to Matt, who shook his head. ''Okay then''

Alex shuffled over and made a small space for me to sit in on the couch, I squeezed in next to him. He rested his arm along the arm rest next to me and I could feel myself starting to blush. The guys went back into conversation, mostly about Warped. Though all I could think about was another two months alone when they would go to in summer. I zoned out from their conversation but Jack snapped my back to attention with my name.

"Cameron?'' he said, I looked over at him

''Huh?'' I said, snapping out of my daze, the guys laughed and I blushed

''Would you want to do it?'' Jack smiled

''Do what?'' I said, Jack chuckled.

''Matt suggested you be our merch girl, yanoo, help out on tour?'' Jack said

''Wait? are you serious?'' I squealed

''Yes'' he laughed

''Then fuck yes oh my god yes'' I practically shouted "What about Vinny?"

"His grandad passed away, he's spending a little time with his family, he'll be back next tour" Matt said solemnly.

I crossed out another date on my calender, WARPED, was written in a messy, cramped writing that I recognized so clearly as Jack's in a couple of days. I grinned, excited didn't even begin to cover how I was feeling about this. Jack was still asleep, considering 10 in the morning is an early rise for him, so I decided to make him some coffee for when he woke up. I grabbed our ground coffee from the cabinet, humming Ultraviolet as I did so.

"That fire you ignited" I sang to myself "Good, bad and undecided. Burns when I stand beside it"

"You're light is Ultraviolet" Alex's note perfect voice came from behind me, causing me to drop coffee all over the floor.

"Geeze" I breathed "You scared me"

"That was the idea" he winked "You're a really good singer Cam" he added, taking the mug from my hand, sipping it then handing it back. I rolled my eyes and put down my mug, starting to brush the coffee off the ground. I'm sure Jack wouldn't mind Alex's backwash.

"Excited for Warped?" he asked

"Stupid question" I said, standing back up and going back to making my own coffee.

"Warped is probably the most fun tour to be on" he said

"I'm so excited" I smiled. Alex kept babbling on about Warped. I was barely listening. Just enjoying his company and the sound of his voice. I turned round to the cupboard to try and get my own mug for a coffee and had a bag of marshmallows fall out and hit me instead.

"Fuck" I cursed, getting the shock of my life. Alex started laughing so I flipped him off and picked up the marshmallows.

"Just goes to show you could never beat my chubby bunny record if marshmallows are trying to hurt you" he said smugly

"I could beat your record" I scoffed, poring my own coffee.

"Prove it" he said poking me in the back, I turned round, his face was an inch from mine. I saw his eyes widen and his cheeks flush a little and tried not to smirk. He cleared his throat and took a small step away from me and tried to defuse the situation like pretending nothing had happened by saying "You couldn't do it even if you tried"

"What's in it for me if I tried?" I said, jumping up to sit on the counter. Alex just shrugged.

"It doesn't matter, I stand strong at 19 marshmallows, you couldn't beat it" he said smugly, I rolled my eyes.

"If I beat it, you have too..." I said, raking my brain for something. I suddenly remembered I had half a pot of pink hair dye left from when I went pink. I really didn't suit it so I never used the rest of it, and smirked "dye some of your hair pink"

"You are so on" he said cockily, sticking out his hand to shake on it.

x

"I can't believe you agreed to this" Jack laughed as I fixed my hair dye towel around Alex's shoulders with a clip. Alex was sitting there looking like I'd just kicked his puppy. I'd beaten his 19 with a grand total of 25 and now he had the most sour expression.

"No one has ever beaten my 19 before" he pouted.

"but pink hair? Why agree to that?" Jack said

"Because fuck you that's why" Alex said immaturely, Jack shrugged and left the bathroom.

"Have fun, Jigglypuff" he called while walking down the stairs, I had to stifle a laugh and Alex gave me a look.

"You don't have to" I said, brushing hair hair with my fingers, he hummed with pleasure then coughed violently to cover it up.

"No, we shook on it, just get it over with" he laughed. I shrugged and started applying a little bleach before so the dye would be really bright pink. I had failed to mention this to him but oh well. 

An hour later, Alex was straightening his hair in my bedroom mirror. I was just sitting on my bed with Jack, whipping his ass at thumb wars.

"Is it bad I kinda like it?" Alex said, messing it into his usual style. 

"I like it" I shrugged, I looked at Jack who just shrugged as well.

"I thought it would look worse" he sighed and stood up, disappearing downstairs "dammmiitt" 

"Better inform the fans" he laughed "come take a picture with me?" 

I groaned, I hated getting my picture taken but he stuck out his bottom lip so I pulled myself off the bed and walked with him to the bathroom. He did a stupid face while taking it so I just scrunched up my face and joined him. He posted it to Instragram and shoved his phone back into his pocket. He turned round and smiled at me, he opened bis mouth to say something but Jack knocked and poked his head round the door. 

"Hey Cam, you got any of that leach left?"

"Yeah, a little more than half the pack, why?" I said looking into the box to check

"Feel like doing my skunk hair again for me?"

"Really?" I laughed, he shrugged.

"Both me and our fans miss it so.." he shrugged again

"Sure, take a seat" I laughed

Another half hour and another selfie later I had done both their hair and Jack had passed out on the couch. It was about 1 in the morning now and I was curled up on the armchair, Alex was sitting on the arm because Jack had taken up the whole couch and we were discussing his surprise birthday party. We were going all out this year, we'd booked the hard rock hotel and casino on Jack's birthday because we had a day off on his birthday between shows. I'd called everyone who was on warped that Alex had in his phone and told them to invite as many other people as they could. We'd booked the pool during the day and then we were going into the hotel and casino after where everyone would probably get very drunk. I was really excited for this and lucky for me Kayla was with her family in Ohio for a while while we were on tour and wouldn't be able to come. What a shame.