Your Lost Boy

''So what are we watching?'' I asked, sinking into Alex's soft white couches with a bowl of popcorn in my hands 

''Shaun of the Dead?'' Alex asked, rummaging through his DVD case. 

''Sounds good'' I shrugged, Alex smiled and pushed it into his DVD player and flopped down next to me. I was wearing one of Alex's many Glamour Kills shirts, they smell of him, an amazing mix of vanilla, his cologne, spearmint, marshmallows and very faintly of the tour bus (according to my friend who's met him, this is what he smells like :L). He always smelled fucking amazing. I also found a pair of their ridiculous 'Get Low' booty shorts with one on Alex's hoodies which was far to big for me. The title screen flashed up and I pulled my legs into my chest, resting my chin on my knees. 

A zombie apocalypse and a popcorn fight later it had got to the part in the movie I hated. One of the characters, David, is standing beside a window and the zombies smash through and grab him. Basically he get's pulled apart and all his insides ripped out for you to see. 

I pushed my hands over my eyes ''I can't watch this''

''pussy'' Alex chuckled

''Fuck you'' I muttered but buried my face in his shoulder all the same. I heard David's screams from the TV and opened one eye in time to see his head come off.

'ew ew ew!' I squealed ''tell me when it's over!''

about 5 seconds later Alex simply said ''done''

I opened my eyes again and stifled a yawn. I settled down on the couch with my head resting on Alex's thigh. He ran a couple of fingers through my hair, it was so soothing I almost fell asleep instantly.

I woke up the next morning and Alex's leg was replaced with a pillow and I was covered with a blanket. I sat up and rubbed the sleep from my eyes, I looked over at the clock, it read 9:57. The smell of coffee was in the air and I could hear Alex singing from his kitchen. I wandered in and he was reaching for mugs from his cupboards. 

''I wanna be your lost boy, your last chance, a better reality'' he sang to himself, I smiled at his perfect voice. 

''Whatcha singing?'' I said, sitting up on the counter. He almost jumped out of his skin and spun round to me before laughing.

''I didn't hear you wake up'' he smiled, pouring coffee into a mug ''want some?''

''Please'' I smiled 

''And it was just a song I've been working on, I've only got a few lines worked out'' he smiled

''Oh yeah, Jack told me you guys were working on a new album soon'' I said as he handed me coffee exactly how I liked it. 

''Yeah, we have one song for it that's coming out a few weeks... probably'' he smiled

''The Reckless And The Brave, right?'' I asked, he grinned at me

''Yeah'' he said, sipping his coffee. The doorbell sounded and he sighed, putting down the coffee mug he walked away to the door.

''Kayla'' he said loudly, my eyes widened, if she saw me here she would think we'd slept together or something. I threw open the nearest cupboard, empty, like half his cupboards were. I clambered inside and shut the doors just in time to here Alex and Kayla walk into the kitchen.

''Who's is this?'' I heard Kayla ask, I stiffened, I'd left my phone on the counter last night.

''Oh it's Cameron's, she must have left it here when her and Jack were here last night'' he said, lying through his teeth. I heard Kayla sigh at the sound of my name.

''I don't like her much Alex'' she said, I had to bite on my lip to resist the urge to go and punch her.

''Why?'' Alex asked, sounding almost hurt, that made me smile ''She's one of my best friend's Kay'' I smirked to myself 

''I know, it's just the way she looks at you, it's like she's planning to steal you away from me'' Kayla said, I was trying not to laugh now.

''Well she's not'' Alex snapped. I beg to differ. ''Anyway, I'll see you later''

''Yeah, whatever'' she muttered, I sat in silence as I heard the front door slam and Alex heave a sigh. 

''Cam'' he hissed and I pushed open the cabinet, I saw him looking down at me and it took him all but two seconds to start laughing at me.

''It was the only place I could find, stop laughing'' I giggled, coming out from the cupboard. Alex knelt down on the floor yesterday, still in stitches.

''It's not that funny'' I said, hitting him playfully but laughing with him anyway.

"You're right it's not funny" he said "it's fucking hilarious"

"You're a bitch" I chuckled, he just shrugged in acceptance.

x

I pushed open the front door of my house and laughed at the sight that greeted me. The guys were all asleep anywhere that was slightly comfortable. My eyes stopped on Jenna and Zack, who were spooning on the couch, Zack's arm sitting around her waist. I grinned and nudged Alex, he looked over and smiled.

''That's nice, Zack's a pretty lonely guy'' he whispered, I grabbed on to Alex's hand to stop him standing on Jeff's hand.

''I seriously hope no one's asleep in my room'' I whispered and Alex chuckled, I went upstairs to check my bedroom and laughed. Jack was hanging upside down off the side of my bed. I let go of Alex's hand and ran and jumped on to my bed. Jack screamed and fell off my bed back wards, landing with a loud thud on my bedroom floor.

''I hate you'' he groaned, rolling over on the floor. 

''You love me really'' I laughed, Alex was chuckling quietly to himself as he helped Jack up.

''Well if that didn't wake everyone up I don't know what will'' Jack huffed ''I'm gonna go get Rian to make pancakes'' I grinned, Rian made the most amazing chocolate chip pancakes ever. Jack left the room but paused at the door and gave me a look that said 'oh so you're alone with Alex, have fun' I blushed and looked away from him, I heard him go down the stairs.

''I haven't seen this picture in years'' Alex chuckled, I turned to see him looking at the picture on my nightstand. It was one of Alex and Jack backstage at their first gig (I don't actually know where it's from) Alex was sitting backwards on a chair and Jack had jumped on his back just in time for me to take the picture, I was only 12 at the time but I loved the picture to pieces. Literally pieces as it was torn and frayed.

''I love that one'' I smiled, Alex smiled at me. I loved that smile.