First Date

ALEX

"I'll see you guys soon" I said vaguely as I got out the car, today had been totally stressful, at least I had a day off tomorrow that I was finally going to get to spent with Cameron. I'd been around for one of the four days she's lived here. I shivered slightly as I walked towards my front door in the dark. It was getting pretty late and we were having one of the coldest Septembers ever recorded in Maryland. I opened the door and smiled at the sight in front of me, the title cards to Peter Pan were playing over and over. Cam was curled up in the arm chair, totally passed out. I frowned slightly when I noticed all the tissues sitting around her. I walked over slowly, switching the TV of, she stirred, her blue eyes opened and she squinted through the darkness.

"Alex?" she croaked

"Yeah, baby, it's me" I said, I crouched down next to her chair. She moved to kiss me then coughed violently, her chest heaving.

"Are you okay?" I asked, brushing her hair off her forehead, her skin was slightly clamy and hot to touch "You're burning up!"

"I feel like shit" she sniffed I leaned over to kiss her forehead

"You need to sleep" I said, brushing the hair behind her ear, she groaned, pulling the blankets tighter around her.

"I don't wanna" she pouted, I smiled at her, gathering her in her little blanket burrito into my arms. I could tell she was ill when she didn't kick up a fuss about it. I carried her with ease through to the bed, she curled up instantly into a ball to go to sleep. 

CAMERON

"You look fine" Jenna said reassuringly as I sniffed loudly, before blowing my nose loudly "Just try not to do that while your with him" I stuck my tongue out at her, she was standing behind me trying to fix my hair. I had an actual proper first date with the guy I live with tonight. We'd been planning this for a few days now, even though I still wasn't over my cold. 

"I better split" Jen said, checking her watch "Zack's taking me out to a movie tonight"

"How are you guys doing?" I asked as she grabbed her bag

"We're good" she nodded "I feel like he's holding back though, like he thinks I don't really like him, or something stupid"

"I can talk to him, if you want?" I asked, trying to cover my red rose with foundation.

"No, no it's fine, I can do it" she smiled and gave my shoulder a squeeze "You have fun tonight, only you two would think it would be fun to go out on a Thursday" she added before leaving, I heard the front door close behind her. I went back to putting on my make up, I had only just finished winged eye liner after a good few attempts when the door bell rang.

"Alex, can you get that?" I yelled, putting on some mascara "I'm not finished my makeup" There was no responce "Alex?" I repeated, finishing off my eyelashes as the door bell rang again. I sighed and got up, brushing down my skirt as I walked down stairs. I opened the door and a smile slit across my face. Alex was standing there, in a shirt and tie, with a bunch of lillies in his hand. 

"I'm here to pick you up for our date" he said, handing me the flowers 

"You couldn't of done that from inside the house?" I smiled

"That's no where near as fun" he whined, I chuckled "Come on, I want this to be like a real first date"

"Okay, please come in, Alex? Isn't it?" I smirked

"Yes, thank you" he nodded

"Just let me put these in water" I said "Thank you, by the way, they're my favourite"