Heatstroke

I sat tapping my fingers on the merch table, it was 11:10 and Jenna wasn't here yet. We were at the show in Maryland and she promised she'd come see me as soon as the gates opened. I really wanted to unload about Alex, I'd spent the last few days sneaking around with him and then pretending there was nothing between us to the guys. I swear lying straight to Jack's face killed me inside every time I did it. Alex had agreed I could tell Jen and I was go glad about it.

"Cameron!" I heard Jen yell, I looked up and she was running over from the Blessthefall tent. I grinned and ran round the table, running over to meet her. She grabbed me into one of her typical suffocating hugs "I've missed you so much, holy crap it's not the same without you" 

"I've missed you so much too" I said, she held me at arms length, I hadn't realized just how much I'd missed her too. I felt a slight sense of guilt about that fact.

"So what did you want to tell me?" she asked

"come sit and I'll tell you" I said, nodding towards the table where a fan was looking quite lost at the fact there was no one selling merch. Once I'd sold her a shirt and sat back down, I told Jen absolutely everything that had happened over the last few days, her jaw slowly dropped at it and she started to squeal when I told her about our first kiss. 

"Oh my god" she said when I was done "so you guys are like a thing now?"

"I guess" I smiled

"Aw I'm so happy for you, I know how long you've liked him for" she sighed happily

"You're the only one who knows though, you can't tell anyone" I said

"Awww oh my god, a secret romance" she squealed "that's so romantic"

"It kinda sucks actually" I shrugged "I hate lying to Jack"

She nodded "Yeah I guess so, you guys have always been so close, I can understand that" 

We spent all morning talking, the guys said they'd come to the tent after the show. Jenna was dying to see Zack and I was happy about that. Zack had been buzzing for days, desperate to see her. I'm such a good match maker. They showed up just after 2 that afternoon and Jenna bounded over to Zack and he caught her in one of the most romantic kisses I have ever seen, it was like something out of a movie. I sighed as Jack sat down next to me, Alex hadn't come with them.

"You okay Cammie?" Rian asked

"Hmm?" I said, looking up "Yeah, I'm fine"

"Did Alex come with you?" Jen asked, I shot her a thankful look, I didn't want to be the one who asked.

"Nah, he almost passed out on stage" Jack said "I think he's really ill or something"

"Oh, he might have heat stroke or something!" I said, getting slightly worried "did none of you go with him?"

"No... maybe we should of" Zack said, his arm sitting round Jen on her waist.

"How about you go see if he's okay, Cam?" Jen said "You actually know some first aid" 

"Would you guys mind minding the table for a while?" I said

"Of course not" Rian smiled "It'll be fun, we can meet some more fans"

"Thanks, I'll come straight back if he's just being a drama queen" I winked and took off in the direction of the bus, being slowed down because I had to squeeze through the crowd who were watching Mayday Parade play. I eventually made it to the bus and climbed on, it was completely empty apart from Alex sprawled over the couch on his side. There was a bucket on the floor next to him. I crouched down next to him, leaning across and kissed him. He smiled and opened his eyes.

"Hi there" he smiled weakly

"How you feeling?"

"Nauseous" he pouted, I put a hand on his forehead, his skin was burning hot to touch. 

"Fuck Alex, you're hot as hell" I said, standing up and going over to get him water.

"I know that but thank you" he said, his face turned green suddenly and he turned over, throwing up into the bucket. I turned away, pouring water into a cup and putting lots of ice cubes in it. He groaned, clutching his stomach.

"You've definitely got heat stroke" I said sympathetically, handing him the water. He took it and sipped, all the colour had drained from his face and he'd gone a sickly green colour. I sighed and pulled my phone out my pocket, calling Jack.

"Sup Cammie?" he answered

"Alex just puked up, is it okay if I stay with him for a while?" I asked

"Sure, we're having fun at the merch table anyway" Jack laughed "make sure he doesn't get any on the bus though"

"Will do" I chuckled, hanging up.

"I don't feel good" Alex moaned

"You're just dehydrated" I said, sitting on the arm of the chair, I brushed his fringe of his forehead.

"You should just go Cam" he said weakly "I'm ruining your day with Jen" 

"Shut up, Alex" I said, rolling my eyes. 

"But-" he started before turning green again and throwing up into the bucket again. He groaned, a look of pain on his face and he clutched his stomach.

"But nothing, you need someone right now" I said, running my fingers through his hair. The pink was almost faded, I was a little disappointed by that cause I really liked it.

"But I look awful" he groaned 

"Alex, I was there when you did shots off Jack's stomach, got drunk and threw up in a gas station bathroom. I was the one who held your hair back. This is nothing compared to that." I said, he started laughing then grabbed his chest.

"It hurts to laugh" he said, I sighed and went to get him some more water. I spent a god hour with him, making him drink lots of water. He was feeling better by the time the guys returned to the bus with Jen. 

"Hey, how you feeling?" Rian asked as they all clambered on.

"Well I haven't puked in a good 10 minutes, I'm not a doctor but I think that's a good sign" he said, he was sat up properly on the couch now. His face had regained the colour and he'd even cracked a terrible joke a few minutes ago. He'll be fine.

"I bet you were faking" Jack said, giving him a shove. Alex turned green at the sudden movement and grabbed the bucket, throwing up again. I gave my big brother a look, he just shrugged. 

"Okay maybe not" he said, slapping Alex on the shoulder and standing up "Sorry buddy" he added, wandering down the bus. I rolled my eyes at him. Alex groaned, leaning his head on my shoulder.

"Ri, could you get him a glass of water" I said, noticing Zack and Jen had gone back to making out. I felt a pang of jealousy, I wish Alex and I could be like that in front of the guys.

"Sure Cam" he smiled, taking Alex's cup from my hand and going to the sink. I looked down at my shoulder. Alex was falling asleep on it, I guess throwing up continuously for over an hour took it out of you. Rian handed me the cup and I nudged my shoulder to wake him up a bit. He pouted and took the cup from me, drinking it slowly.

"I'm going to bed for a while" he said, standing up slowly, I did the same. He wobbled a bit when he did so and I grabbed his arm to steady him.

"I'm fine, Cam" he said and kissed my forehead "thank you for taking care of me" before disappearing down to his bunk. I turned round, Rian and Zack were looking at me with suspicion, Jen looking like she was trying to hard to look nonchalant.

"What?" I said, trying to act innocent.