"Thanks honey. How was school?" She asked, as she set her bag onto the island. I shrugged my shoulders, putting the gallon of milk into the fridge. "Same as always. How was work?"

"It was fine. Robert is giving me lots of cases to handle. Very stressful," She said, sighing after. "You know Sean. I'm starting to think that being a stay at home mom is a much better idea. I barely get to see you, I mean, you're graduating this year. I feel like I missed out on the important things because of work."

I gave her a small smile. "You don't need to be a stay at home mom. You're an amazing mother. You raised me, Jenna, Klara, and Elizabeth all on your own. You're like my hero. I don't know how you raised four kids on your own, but you did. You love your job and I don't want you to quit because of me. Trust me, you're not missing out on anything."

"I love you honey," She smiled.

I pulled her in for a hug. "I love you too mom. More than anything."

She pulled away from the hug and walked over to the wine rack, pulling out a bottle of wine. "So, what do you want for dinner?" She asked me, as she took out a wine glass from the cabinet and began pouring herself wine. "I can make something or we can order pizza or take out," She continued.

"Let's order pizza," I said, as I put the boxes of cereal into the pantry. "Alright. I'll call Rizzoli's Pizza. Our favorite."

I was debating on whether or not I should tell my mother about Anabelle being pregnant now or another day. I mean, Anabelle is already fifteen weeks. I can't keep holding off the news until the baby is born.

I put the last bit of groceries away and placed the plastic bags into the garbage can. "Elizabeth says hey and that she misses you," My mother said, patting my shoulder as she walked by.

"Liz called?"

My mother nodded.

"What for?"

"Oh, she just called me to tell me that her, Klara and Jenna are coming to Connecticut tomorrow to celebrate my birthday."

Great. More people I have to tell that I impregnated a girl at a party that my mom doesn't even know that I threw.

"Oh, great. How old are you turning anyway?"

She sighed. "43. I'm old."

"C'mon Mom, no you're not. Didn't you hear? 40s are the new 30s," I said, winking at her.

"Of course!" She beamed. "You sure know how to make a girl cheer up. Oh honey, you're going to make a girl real happy one day. You'll marry her and have kids. Then, you'll live happily ever after!"

I smiled as she pulled my head down and planted a couple of kisses on my cheek. She walked back over to the island and grabbed her wine glass, taking a sip from it.

The fact that she mentioned kids got me tense. I felt horrible for hiding this from my mom. I don't usually hide things from her, so I felt really guilty.

"Mom, I have gotta talk to you about something."

"Sure, what is it?" She asked, as she set down her empty wine glass back onto the counter.

"Um, I don't know how to tell you this," I said, scratching the back of my head. I watched as she grabbed the wine bottle and poured some more wine into her wine glass, glancing in my direction as she did so. "Well, what is it?"

"Uh, Okay." I swallowed hard before taking a deep breath. "I'm going to be a dad," I finally said.

She stared at me, the look of shock crossing her features. "What?" She said, in disbelief.