Chapter Seven

Heyy guyyysss! So I really really hope you guys are enjoying the story so far. I have so much planned for this story and I cannot wait for you guys to find out and see what happens.

So, I don't have much to say. Enjoy, Chapter 7! :)

Picture of Derek Cole Thompson on the side ----->

________________________________

*Derek's POV*

Upset.

Frustrated.

Angry.

Heartbroken.

Some of the very few words I hate seeing my little sister be. Nothing kills me more than to see my baby sister cry. It kills me even more to know that there's nothing I can do to make her feel better.

I should of never left to California for college. If I would of stayed, my sister wouldn't be in the position she is today. I've failed her as a brother and I couldn't be more disappointed in myself.

I sat and watched my surroundings. Nurses walking around. Doctors transmitting patients into rooms. People leaving their friends or loved ones hospital rooms. It felt like everything was moving in slow motion. I looked down at my watch to check the time.

9:28 pm.

The visiting hours ended at ten. There has been no word on how Anabelle or how my niece or nephew are doing. And I'm definitely not leaving until I know they're both fine and healthy.

"When do you think they'll give us some news on Ana?" Lianne asked. She had just returned from the restroom, so now she was sitting in the seat next to me.

I inhaled and exhaled slowly. "I don't know. I just hope it's sometime soon. I can't stand the fact of waiting to see how she's doing."

She nodded in understanding. "Same here." I played around with the sleeves of my shirt. "Does Sean know what's going on?"

I shook my head. "Not yet. I'll call him tomorrow and let him know what happened. It's past 9:30 and he's probably busy with something."

"I'll talk to him tomorrow morning, I-I mean, if you want me too. I know you're still mad at him for getting Ana pregnant and all. I can do this favor for you and-and for Ana too," She said, nervously.

I watched as she played with the ends of her hair. She was definitely avoiding eye contact with me. Why she was doing that, I have no idea.

I gave her a small smile. "That would be nice. Thank you Lianne."

"No problem," She softly said. "It's getting late and I know my parents are probably worried sick about me. It's a Sunday a-and there's school tomorrow. They probably wa-want me home now. Uhh, text me or call me and let me know if everything's okay. Uh, yeah. Okay bye."

She grabbed her bag and quickly stood up from her seat. "Are you okay Lianne?" She quickly turned and looked at me.

"Uh-uh, yeah. Yeah, why wouldn't I be?" Something was really off about her today. "I don't know. You seem nervous."

"Nervous? Why would I be nervous?" I shrugged my shoulders. "I don't know. I guess I'll see you tomorrow."

"Y-Yeah. Tomorrow. See you tomorrow," She said, quickly leaving right after. I wiped my face with my hands. "I got your text message. I got here as soon as I could. Is she okay?"

I looked up at my father, who was now standing in front of me. "I don't know. No one has yet to give me some news on her and the baby."

He sighed as he sat down in the seat next to me. "I feel horrible for ignoring her these past few weeks. I'm her father, I should be supportive of her. I don't know why I reacted that way. I-"