Chapter Thirty-Seven

*36 Weeks Pregnant*

.

.

*Anabelle's POV*

"Derek! Did you make the baggies? Please tell me you made the baggies. I swear if you didn't-"

"I'm almost done with them Lianne. Babe, relax. Everything is going to go great. Okay?"

Lianne sighed, giving him a small nod. "I'm sorry. I'm stressing over nothing, right? I'm turning into some Baby Shower-zilla."

I looked over at her and snorted, popping a pink jelly bean into my mouth. "Baby Shower-zilla? Is that even a thing?"

"Well if it isn't a thing, it now is. Now give me that!" She said as she walked over to where I was, snatching the small jar of pink jelly beans out of my hand. "Hey!"

"That's for the baby shower tomorrow!" She scolded as she closed the jar and set it down with the rest of the jars filled with candy. "Now I have to go buy some more jelly beans and pick out the pink ones."

"Sorry. I was hungry," I grumbled.

"There was food in the kitchen," She retorted. "What do you want? I'll bring you something from the kitchen."

I stared at the television and smiled as Dr. McDreamy appeared on the screen.

Lord, the stuff I would do to that gorgeous man.

"Yes, I know Ana. Now tell me what you want from the kitchen," Lianne said as she tapped her foot on the ground impatiently.

"Wait did I say that out loud?" I looked over at Derek who was laughing. "Yeah you did," He answered.

"Oops," I said as I turned my attention back to Lianne. "I'll just have a Nutella sandwich and some water."

"Okay," She muttered as she turned around and walked into the kitchen. "Why is she stressing so much for my baby shower?" I asked Derek as I turned my attention back to the television where my husband Dr. McDreamy was preparing to perform a Craniotomy.

In the words of Dr. Shepherd: It's a beautiful day to save lives.

"She just wants to do something really special for you and her goddaughter before she leaves. So she wants this baby shower to go perfectly."

I smiled to myself. Man, I'm gonna really miss her when she leaves.

"That reminds me Derek. I wanted to ask you something, you'll most likely say yes, but I wanted to ask anyway."

"Okay. What is it?"

"Sean and I wanted to know if you would like to be our daughter's godfather. What do you think?"

Derek's eyes lit up at my question. "Really? I would love to. Yes!"

"Okay, good," I laughed lightly. Lianne came back into the living room with my sandwich and water. I thanked her as she handed them to me.

"No problem. So, I have to go to the store and buy some more stuff for the baby shower tomorrow. I'll be back in thirty minutes tops. Derek would you mind going with me? I might need some help with a few things."