I turned back around and made my way out of the school.

XxXxXxXx

"Thank you for picking me up. I'm sure you were busy," I said, as I got out of the car. I closed the passenger door and watched as Derek walked over to where I was.

"You don't have to thank me. I would do anything for you, you know that. And to be honest with you, I wasn't busy. I was at my friend Kevin's house. You remember Kevin, right?"

I nodded, my lips curving upward. "Of course I remember him. You two used to push me in the pool when I was little." Derek began to laugh. "Ohhh yeah! I remember that."

We entered the hospital and made our way over to the elevators. Dr. Reynolds was working at the hospital today. Normally, I would go to the doctor's office close to my house, where he usually worked, but today he was on call at the hospital. Apparently two of his patients were due for their baby today.

We entered the elevator and I pressed the button with the number five on it. The sound of a phone ringing filled up the elevator. I looked over at Derek and watched as he pulled out his phone from his pocket. He picked up the phone and put the phone to his ear.

"Hello?" He answered. "Uh-Hey. I really can't talk now."

I eyed him suspiciously. He glanced over at me and quickly faced the other direction. "Jessa, I can't talk now. I'm with my sister," I heard him whisper.

Um. What? Who the hell is Jessa?

Please don't tell me he has a secret girlfriend. Lianne would be devastated if she found out he had a girlfriend.

I crossed my arms over my chest as I watched him hang up his phone. He put his phone back into his pocket, turning to me in the process. "What?" He asked.

"Who's Jessa?" I inquired.

"Uh, she's a friend. Don't worry about it," He answered, looking away from me.

The elevator doors opened, revealing a very busy Maternity Ward. We walked out of the elevator and made our way towards the waiting area. "I'll sign in, you can find us some seats," I told him.

Derek nodded and walked towards the chairs. I walked up to the front desk and signed myself in. "Good afternoon Miss," The receptionist smiled at me.

I returned the smile. "Good afternoon." I set the pen down onto the clipboard and began to make my way over to where Derek was sitting. I sat down next to him and grabbed a magazine about pregnancy.

"Isn't Sean supposed to be here? I thought you told me yesterday that he was coming to the appointment."

I gently bit my lip. "He couldn't make it. Uh-something about Basketball," I lied.

He scoffed and shook his head. "Basketball my ass. I knew he wasn't serious about being there for you and his daughter. Wait until I see him. I'm gonna kick-"

"Derek no." I let out a small sigh. "I lied."

He knit his eyebrows together. "What?"

"I told Lianne to tell Sean that I didn't want him to go to the doctor's appointment."

He sat back in his seat, as he scratched the back of his head. "Wha- Uh Why? Why don't you want him to come?" He questioned.

"I changed my mind Derek. I don't want him to help anymore. I thought it was the right thing to do at first, but I realized how big of a burden this is to him. I mean, he's doing so good with Basketball and I don't-"

"Who the hell cares if things are going well for him with Basketball. Anabelle, you're pregnant. With his child. You two are going to have a child together whether you like it or not. He said he wanted to be there for his daughter, now let him. He's doing the right thing for taking responsibility for his actions. And so are you.