79. Encounters

The rest of October was nothing but a bore, I didn't celebrate Halloween. I didn't want to be that grumpy lady who turns off her lights a sunset but I was in no mood for anything. I just wanted to sleep, sleep until I was unable to sleep anymore.

From what Gen has told me, Mel and Michael were talking again. I asked if they had gotten back together, but she told me they were planning on just staying friends.

"What about you and Mel?" I asked her as we sat on a small table at a coffee shop and she fixed the beanie on her head.

"We're working up to where we were before this all happened" she explained wrapping her cold hands around her coffee cup.

"Do you think you'll ever be back at that state?"

She nodded, "I believe we can" she sipped on her cup, "What about you? How's the funeral thing going?"

I sighed bringing my head and arms to the table surface, "I've put out all the letters but only heard from you and Louis"

"You didn't invite much people, did you?"

I shook my head, "I don't want it to seem like some sort of party"

"How many people do you estimate are coming?"

I shrugged, "I don't know, ten?"

"Who did you send letters out too?"

"Louis and Johannah, you and the guys, Zayn and Niall, Sophia, and Harry" I counted on my fingers, "Anyone who really got to know her"

Gen nodded, tapping on the table as if she were counting all the people, "That's...actually eleven people" she laughed out.

I smiled with her, gripping onto my coffee cup, I looked outside seeing the fog on the windows from the cold.

Liam and I began getting ready for the funeral about a week before it would happen. We ordered white tulips and daisies, contacted the cemetery people at least a dozen times. Liam moved into the house just for a few weeks so we can plan and mourn together.

Four days before the funeral, I tried contacting everyone I had sent letters out too. Zayn and Niall said they'd be arriving.

I held the warm cell phone up to my cheek, biting down on my lip and tapping my fingers on my lap.

The more the ringing noise proceeded the more anxious I got.

"Hey this is Harry, I couldn't get to the-"

I hung up aggressively setting the phone on the counter top of the kitchen. Bringing my palms to my forehead I felt like pulling my hair out, that was the fifth time I tried calling Harry.

With a groaning sigh I looked down at the list of names crossing Harry's name off. I was tired and ready for bed.

The next day I called Louis again. Mainly because I didn't want a biased opinion that was my brothers and because I never really get to converse with Louis anymore. And since Johannah and him were thinking on staying in Wolverhamton for a couple weeks I decided on letting the house be available. So I had two weeks to talk to him.

The day before the funeral, Liam and I went by to where Gran would be buried. I stared at the hole they were beginning to dig, my eyes forming a glare with every shovel full of dirt the threw out. It was a bright morning that day, the sun shown making me squint my eyelids.

Later that day Liam picked out a coffin, I refused to go. When he came back to the house he described the coffin he'd picked out in which I replied, "I'll find out tomorrow"

That night Liam and I stayed up watching old films and cartoons, Pepper had gone to sleep underneath our feet on the carpet. Liam fell asleep no long after, his arm hanging over the sofa and his head laying on the pillow.