51. Oh So Familiar

"How dare he keep that from us!" Liam yelled stomping out of the building, "Our Gran is alive Vanessa"

I couldn't process this, I had family. Real family besides my brother.

"Liam you're not looking at the brighter sides of this, we have family besides ourselves"

"But Vanessa" he said calmer, "We could've been with her, instead of being here with Oliver and Dad. We could've been happy"

I looked down at the pavement, "Sometimes being happy isn't what it builds up to be" I told him, "If we would've left Wolverhampton then we would've never met Harry and Sophia"

He sighed parting his lips but closing them again.

"Maybe him not telling us was a good thing" I said silently.

"Are you siding with him?" he asked.

"No. It's just, Liam if we lived with Gran we would've never met our friends, you would've never gotten your scholarship or love of football. And we would've never learned to fight for ourselves"

"It was still wrong of him to keep it from us"

"Of course it was, our father made a lot of mistakes. But he's not an idiot"

He breathed out shakily, "I guess you're right" he sat on the curb of the pavement.

I sat next to him, "I suggest we see her" I said quickly hoping for a yes.

He looked over at me, "She's in Florida, Vanessa"

"Then we'll fly, remember how we would always say we were going to go out and leave this place. Liam this is our chance"

"We did save our passports" he said with a half smile.

"Is that a yes?" I said excitingly.

"But we're not going to just drop our things and go to another country, we need to plan this out. When we plan to leave and come back, we have to find out where she actually lives"

I nodded, "So are we going?"

"It depends if we're able to-"

"It's a yes or no question Liam!" I said jokingly making him chuckle.

"I guess so, yes"

~ | _ | +

When I got home I quickly went to Harry's laptop searching up Florida. It turns out to be on our side of America, right at the bottom tip. I grabbed a pen and paper writing down all the cities I could find that were in Florida.

Holding the pen between my teeth I leaned forward squinting at the small words, I typed in 'Harris' in the search bar of people living there. I sighed at the hundreds of names that popped up, grabbing my phone I dialed Liam's number and held the phone between my cheek and shoulder.

"Hello?"

"Hey, Liam. Do you remember Gran's name? I searched up mum's maiden name but there's a million people with the same one"

"I don't remember, she's never really talked about her" he said making me sigh in disappointment.

"I'll look through the old boxes I have, I'll try to find what I can"

"Okay" I said keeping my phone on my shoulder even after he had hung up.

Something jumped on the bed tackling me underneath him and hovering Pepper over me, "What are you doing?" Harry asked jumping on top of me with his knees on either side of my waist and Pepper in his hands.