18. The Best Part Is...Nothing

Open a tab, type, search, and click. That's been my routine all day, finding a flat was hard.

I reached over for my phone checking the time and date. It was the 30th of January and later in the afternoon.

"Need anything?" Liam poked his head through the door.

"I'm good thank you" I smiled grabbing the water bottle that lay on my nightstand taking the bottle cap off and bringing it to my lips

"How are things going?" he asked coming in and sitting next to me.

I motioned to the laptop screen having him lean closer scanning over the sheets of paper sat on the bed next to me.

"Need help?" he looked up at me.

I nodded having him scoot further into the bed and take the laptop from me typing into the search bar.

"Where would you like it?" he asked looking over to me.

I shrugged, "I wasn't prepared for this" he shot me a look, "I'm sorry I'm not good with this!"

"Why don't you just move in with me?"

"Because I don't want to disturb you and Sophia"

"You won't-"

"Liam you don't have to lie, I'm not the kind of person to intrude on the couply stuff"

He opened his mouth but closed it again not knowing what to say, "You know what, I'm taking a break from this" I stood up from the bed. "Do you need anything from...the outside?"

He chuckled, "I would appreciate it if you got me some tea bags"

"Sure" I smiled grabbing my boots and putting them on my feet feeling the pain in my chest remembering they were the brown boots I bought with Harry.

I grabbed my bag clinging it to my shoulder feeling the weight hit the side of my knee whilst I walked. I shut the front door feeling the cold hit my cheeks making me put the hood of my sweater on, I walked to where my car had been parked seeing a familiar car ahead of mine. I shook it out of my head unlocking my car door and going in turning the heat on rubbing my hands in front of the small vent. I put my keys in the ignition and began to back out. I had to circle the block at least two times until I found the market, I did not know these streets whatsoever.

I walked through the sliding doors breathing in the scent of fresh produce and bread like the usual grocery stores. I walked over to the isle where they would hold tea bags, remembering Liam's favorite I tried reaching for the box on the top shelf standing on my tip toes with no luck when I hand came up taking it from me.

"Here" the familiar deep voice said behind me.

"Thank you" I said taking the box from his hand and walking away rather quickly, trying not to make eye contact.

"Vanessa you can't just pretend I don't exist anymore"

"I can try" I tilted my head walking to the refrigerated area looking through the glass hearing the sound of the heels of my shoes hit the floor.

"W-what?" he said and I can see his reflection in the transparent glass of the door I opened.

"Never mind" I reached for the glass jar of fruit tea, "I have to go" I muttered looking down and pacing away.

I payed for my items trying to make it to the door before Harry, "Thank you" I told the cashier after taking my change and tried to make it to the doors when...

"Shit I'm so sorry!" Harry exclaimed making me drop all my stuff.

"What the hell!" I leaned down shoving my book into my bag and going for my phone but he got to it before me.