66. Listen

I woke up on the small bed of the guest bedroom hearing Harry's silent snoring in my ear.

I smiled letting him sleep, I got up not bothering for the slippers at the side of the bed and walked to the door feeling the soft carpet transition to the cold wooden floors of the hallway.

I strode down the stairs swinging around the edge of the railing and into the kitchen on the left side.

Making it around the island and to the counter I turned on the coffee maker, waiting for it to brew leaned my elbows against the island.

Something that kept popping into my mind, even in my sleep, was last night. The entire time we had last night, hearing the very very loud music, sneaking off to the car and...

"I am never having more than three shots ever again" Gen startled me, "Maybe four" she tilted her head back and forth, "Where is everyone?" she asked.

"Asleep" I answered with a smile at her bedhead.

Confused, Gen pulled her long bangs out of her face looking at the clock on the microwave an groaning at the time it displayed; which was currrenty 7:36am. American time.

"It's early no damn wonder" she said sitting at the chair of the small table in the kitchen.

"Well, you do consider the mid afternoon too early" I said taking the coffee out of the machine and opening the cabinet for mugs.

I began humming some random tune pouring the coffee out in the two mugs I took out bringing one to Gen.

"You seem happy this morning" she acknowledged bringing the long sleeves of her pajamas down to cover her hands before taking the hot cup.

I shrugged, "I slept well" I told her.

She raised an eyebrow, "I'm sure you did" she said, "Because I noticed you and Harry left the club early"

I lifted my shoulders with a smile.

"Something happened" Gen said sitting up, interested.

Again, I shrugged bringing the heated cup to my lips.

"Good morning" someone caught my attention making me look away and hide my face behind the mug I was drinking out of.

Louis walked passed me opening the cabinet and putting water to boil on the stove.

"Morning" Gen said tapping her fingernails on the table, "Well I'm going to go...fix the bathroom faucet in my room" she said getting up and leaving the kitchen.

Louis sighed, "Do you think she knows there's no bathroom in her room?" he asked taking out a box of tea bags.

"She knows" I answered, "I should go help her with that though" I said turning to the exit.

"Vanessa" he said, grabbing my elbow and making me flinch.

I looked at him urging for him to continue.

"I didn't mean to cause drama, I'm sorry if I offended anyone" he said, slowly letting go on my arm.

I half smiled looking down at my feet, "It was about me, wasn't it?" I asked, "The song"

"I don't know many girls with rose tattoos" he said with an awkward laugh.

I looked at his lips, seeing a small cut Harry had put there, "Louis, I-I have a boyfriend. And I lo-"

"I get it" he interrupted, "I do, and I would rather you just say you want nothing to do with me than hear you talk about something I'll never have" he explained.