47. Mistakes

"Harry, you can't lock me out forever" I called through the locked bedroom door waiting for an answer.

After a few seconds of nothing I sighed walking back down the stairs.

What have I done wrong? I know something happened for Harry to ignore me, but sleeping the past nights in the guest bedroom made me feel more and more insecure about doing something wrong.

I called Pepper over setting his food plate and sitting at the small island at the end of the kitchen.

He had to eat sooner or later.

Turning on the tv opening to the news channel and the host talking through the small speakers.

"After the Wolverhampton shooting victim was found, months later the actual shooter was caught. The shooter being put out to custody whilst the victim was put in Wolverhampton Community Hospital a few months ago" the news reporter said.

I sighed losing interest on what was on the television walking to the kitchen to get some water for Pepper.

"The cause of the shooting was of illegal drug dealing and gang problem" the reporter continued as I took out a glass of water, "The victim being identified as Oliver Stone and the shooter Marshall Payne"

I froze dropping the glass in my hand, I can feel my hands shaking and my eyes shift to the tv to see mug shots of Oliver and my father on the screen.

You're dreaming

My mind told me.

This isn't real

But it was real, by the racing of my heart and the shaking of my fingertips. This is as real as it can be.

~ | _ | +

"Liam!" I knock harshly at his dorm door, "Liam!!" I yell louder groaning at no response.

I sigh going back down the halls. Running would not be the precise word for my actions, sprinting...maybe. I had to find my older brother, I had to know if he knew about any of this.

How long have I been clueless to where my father and his friend were? How could I have been so absent to the thought of what they were doing?

"Liam!" I exclaim strained from the accelerated sprinting to the football field.

I look back and forth between the two goals with no sight of my brother, groaning I kick the side of the bleachers, "Shit!" I yell hearing my voice echo through the place.

"Vanessa?" I hear a voice say though it is too deep to belong to Liam.

I turn around, "Brad" I breathe out tired from everything going on in the world, my world.

"What are you doing here?" he asks squinting from the setting sun.

"Looking for Liam" I say brushing my hair away from my eyes, "There's something we have to talk about"

"Liam hasn't been coming to practice"

I looked back to him, shocked, "What? Liam loves football. W-why would he skip practice?"

Brad shrugged, "I asked myself the same question, I just thought he was with you or Sophia"

"He hasn't been with me" I look down, "He practically hates me now"

"Shut up" he said playfully making me stifle a smile, "He's your brother, he can't hate you"

"Look, if he's not with you then check with Sophia" he said, "He's most likely with her"