68. Lost Boy

~ Harry's _ POV +

Sleeping would not be the correct definition of how I spent my plane ride back home. Closing my eyes with images bouncing off my eyelids and trying to block out the annoying sounds of the passengers would be the right term to use.

I tried to sleep, but whenever I would close my eyes flashes of everything good in Florida would come back to my mind. Disney World, the club, and just small things that seemed so stupid of me to remember.

Once I had landed and collected my luggage I had to wait for Niall to pick me up. So I managed to make a chair out of the one large suitcase I had.

I sat down taking my cell phone out of my back pocket and unlocking it with the pass lock I told myself I would change. 0113.

Everything on the screen; the photos, the lock screen, the messages; all reminded me of Vanessa...hencing they were all either of Vanessa or to Vanessa.

I sighed turning it off and looking for Niall's little blue car.

I had second guessed myself before boarding the flight, I did everything I thought possible to do during the situation. I made a pros and cons list, predicted situations to happen if I were to stay, and thought myself over before actually coming back to England.

For example, my pros of staying: Vanessa and I can talk it out like we always did, I can stay with my best friend, Meredith and I can talk more. My cons: this wasn't like any other argument Vanessa and I have had in the past, Gen is most likely going to take Vanessa's side, and Meredith made it very much clear that she was going to die...soon.

Another example, if I were to stay and talk to Vanessa then we would have yelling, fighting, and I didn't want to do that in front of other people because 1. I respect her more than I respect myself and 2. it will end the exact same way it did.

I can't change destiny.

And after an hour passed and I was still sitting in my rental car, I found out how stupid I was being and got on the damn plane. And I've now realised how stupid I am now thinking about it again.

I was startled out of my thought when a car horn blared in front of me, looking up I see Niall waving me over.

I shake my head getting up from where I sat on my luggage and hauled it towards the car.

"You couldn't just roll down the window and call my name?" I asked once I had opened the door and sat down in the seat.

"I wanted to see you jump" he laughed, beginning to drive before I was given the chance to put my seat belt on.

"You're an idiot" I muttered clicking in my buckle.

"Someone's in a bad mood" Niall remarked turning out into the road, "You should be ecstatic, you're home mate!"

I sighed bringing my fingers to the bridge of my nose, "I'm just stressed"

"What for?"

"Niall were you too oblivious to realise that I came back alone?" I looked over to him, surprised by the stupidity.

"Well yeah I realised that" he began, "But I didn't want to ask"

"I appreciate the effort Niall" I said sarcastically looking out the window.

"Soo..." Niall stressed the word, "What did happen?" he asked, "Or are you just going to tell me it's not my business, like you always do"

"Since you already knew what I was going to say I guess I have to do the complete opposite" I sighed, "Vanessa and I split up"