⁵¹

"luna please go to sleep, we have an early morning tomorrow."

"im too excited daddy! i cant wait to go to the united states, mom picked out special comfy pants for me tomorrow and-"

"if you dont sleep now you'll fall asleep in the bus. you dont want to miss anything do you?"

"no." she sighs, finally taking a seat on her bed that she had been dancing around on for the prior ten minutes.
"okay i'll sleep."

"thank you" he kisses her forehead gently, reaching over to switch off her bedside lamp.
"i'll wake you up nice and early tomorrow, okay? sleep well, i love you."

she responds in the dark of the room, finn finding his way out by the light from the hallway. he continues onto his room, knowing that he had an early morning himself.

the room is empty, but filled with violets presence. she stands at the bathroom sink, freshly washed skin radiating her flower scented soap. she rinses off her toothbrush, watching him walk in through the mirror.

"she finally go down?"

"after some convincing, she'll be hell to wake in the morning."

she watches the structure of his back as he pulls his shirt from himself. turning on the shower that violet had recently stepped out of. she talks loudly over the water as he closes the curtain behind him.

"what time are you leaving again?"

"i have to be up at four, be out of here by five the bus leaves at six thirty."

"will you be able to call tomorrow night?"

"uh, we'll have to see vi. we'll be somewhere in oregon by then, not a ton of reception in most parts of the state."

she sighs, staring down to the counter in front of her. she knew she was making a mistake.
"okay, dont worry about it."

there wasnt much left for finn to say. he was the one leaving, and thats what he had been having a difficult time with. as much as he wanted her to come with, and as easy as it was to blame her for not; he was the one that was leaving their settled life to tour the country.

violet gets herself into bed, staring blankly to the wall in front of her in thought. the light leaking from the opened bathroom door being the only thing to light the bedroom until finn comes from his shower and switches on the bedside lamp.

he changes to his clothes, leaving his upper half naked as he pulls the blankets over his legs. violet finally breaks from her stare to look at him.

"do you want me to let you sleep in tomorrow? i know you work a long day."

"no wake me, please. i want to say goodbye before you guys leave." her voice leaks quietly, she was unsure how much her familys lives would change within three months.

"look, i know we've been disagreeing lately" he looks to her, eyes reflecting the yellow light.
"but its only three months, we'll make it work."

"i know we will" she swallows down her ego,
"im sorry, finn. i feel horrible."

"i know that you would go if you could, thats enough for me."

she wished it would make her feel better, but she knew that the power to go was at her fingertips.
"dont go falling in love with any american girls while youre gone, okay?"

he smiles at her joke, appreciating the shift in mood as his arm wraps around her.
"please, ive waiting too long for you to have my last name to do anything like that."

she laughs gently, accepting his hold as he switches off the light to leave the dark to sweep over them.
"i love you."

"i love you, vi."

it was the shortest night of her life, and she supposed that was expected. having to let go of someone you love, even if it was for a little while, was always hard. although she had been through it enough times to get herself under control.

the gentleness of his hand to her cheek is what woke her, the sky still dark with night. he stands above the bed on her side, admiring her softly as he smiles watching her eyes meet his.

"hey, luna and i are taking off."

she sits up, wiping the early morning from her face.
"i'll come down and walk you guys out."

he agrees, pulling his stuff down the stairs to luna who stood in the front foyer just at the base of the steps. he ruffles her hair gently, her groan swatting him away. she was still tired, in the process of waking up in her excitement.

violet floats down the stairs, a soft robe around her as her hair sits neatly tucked behind her ears. finn could be shocked over her beauty in the mornings for the rest of his life.

"mom! daddy and i are leaving and hes letting us stop for breakfast!" she jumps to her mom, violet lovingly lifting her up to hold her into a hug.

she knew it would be hard to leave finn, but having her daughter away for more than a night absolutely destroyed any happiness that morning. she tells her she loves her, taking in the hug that luna didnt really comprehend.

she sets her down gently, readjusting lunas coat for her as she grabs onto her own suitcase. finn watches violets eyes stare to luna, not being able to imagine the feeling of leaving their daughter for that long.

violet soon falls into him, holding onto his waist tightly as she took in the scent from his sweatshirt. she could spend years in his grip without a protest, he meant everything to her. it made violets situation even harder to bare as she had to sit in it.

"we'll try our best to call you tonight, love." his arms rest to her shoulders, holding her head tightly to him.

"please." she pulls away,
"but have fun and be safe, if you cant call dont worry about it."

he nods, pulling her back to kiss her forehead. violet didnt have the time to remember to kiss him, for he was heading to the front door to help luna out.

"bye mom love you." luna calls, making her way down the front steps and out of sight.

finn reaches for the door handle,
"goodbye violet."

"bye."

her voice was soft as he pulls the door behind him. she stares to that door for what felt like an eternity, as it was the last thing she'd see them walk out of for the next three months.

1120 wc