⁴⁷

violets legs cross over one another as her bowl of yogurt is placed in front of her, strawberries precut in a separate bowl between the two seated as the early sun began to leak through the window in front of them.

it seemed it had been forever since they had breakfast together which only cause a sigh from violet as finns phone rang.

"its work." he sighs in the wooden seat next to her, an expression of guilt in his eyes.

"finn, you said we'd spend the morning together. ayla and james are coming over."

"i know but, with the tour coming up our manager wont stop calling." he still looks to her for permission, hopeful in forgiveness.

violet sighs, setting her spoon into her ceramic bowl for the clink to echo into the silence.
"go do what you have to do."

he stands from his chair, phone still ringing in his hand as he kisses her forehead.
"i love you so much."

she hums in response, eyes stuck to the table in a dizzy state. she hadnt imagined the first twenty four hours after engagement spent on her own but she understood. it was work and she was no stranger to how time consuming that could be.

she finishes her breakfast in the quiet, setting the dishes in the dishwasher as the smooth chime of company at the front door sounds through the kitchen.

she makes her way over, greeting her two friends at the front door and inviting them into the kitchen as the excitement radiates from their faces.

"wheres finn?" ayla glances around the empty kitchen, taking a seat at the table where violet places herself in her usual spot and offers up the fresh cut fruit to them.

james sits on the other side of violet, a small smile of what felt like pity given to her.
"i would have thought you guys would be all over each other after last night."

"he had to make a call, shouldnt be long." she lies, she knew the calls could sometimes take hours. it was a constant guessing game, but she hardly ever complained.

"how was it? what i saw after during clean up seemed beautiful."

"it was perfect" violet reminisces,
"im going to take a guess that i have your wife to thank for that."

"it was all in finns head, i just made it happen." she smiles gently to violet, a reassuring expression of happiness in what she had been waiting for.

"well thank you, both. for clean up afterwards, thats really appreciated."

"i dont think you could have stopped ayla if you tried." james laughs, admiring his wife from across the table.

"wheres luna, have you told her yet?"

"no shes at mary and erics. she'll be home this afternoon but, i guess we're not really sure how to tell her."

"you think she'll be excited?"

"-of course she will!" ayla cuts james off, nodding reassuringly to violet.
"you know how much that girl talks about marriage and living happily ever after."

"its just a lot for her, things always changing in her life. first it was the move, then me moving in."

"most parents worry about the divorce effecting their kid, you know? theres no need for you to worry, this is a good thing."

"theres mr.commitment!"

the three of them direct their attention towards the direction of james' voice, finn taking a seat at the only remaining chair at the circular polished glass table.

"james, always a pleasure" finn smiles sarcastically.

"that was quick?" violets arms cross herself as she leans in her chair.

"tried to be, that man likes to talk."

"michael?" ayla questions, knowing their managers tendencies all too well.

"hes freaking out over this tour, says it has to be perfect if we want to go out the right way. which is ridiculous, people come for the music not the set!"

"whats next for you finn?"

"what?"

"ive got an opportunity to sign with an independent company, jacks going to college for art, malcolms been recruited for another band. whats next for you?" ayla repeats herself, watching the shrug roll off his shoulders.

"im working for vi."

"youre seriously taking up modeling?"

"should i take offense to that?" finn chuckles in question.

aylas eyes roll, knowing that every individual at that table knew finn was well fit for the new job.
"i meant, you brought up the possibility of going into that field a few times but im surprised to see you running with it."

"you know, i knew you werent filling out for fun." james connects his friend's new habits.

"i wouldnt ever do any of it for fun."

"in the gym every day?"

finn nods,
"and chicken for practically every meal, disgusting."

"i remember doing that for football in high school, im sure you remember how grumpy it made me."

"well its worth it" his eyes draw from james to glance to violet, her head hardly paying attention,
"working for violets company will be worth it."

"so have you guys talked about dates yet?" ayla hops back to the topic, unable to let go of the excitement for her friends.

"well we talked a little about it last night-"

"-it was more screaming about it-"

"for god sakes finn?" violet shakes her head, hands resting to the table in a question as she directs her attention back to her friend. a subtly smile stinging her lips as she held back a laugh that finn had no shame to let go of.
"we're leaning towards september."

"this september?" aylas eyebrows raise in surprise.

"not everyone has to have a year long engagement." james laughs to the naiveness of ayla kindly.

"yeah we figured why wait, you know? the tour will be over, we figure by then he'll be settled into the new company and luna's a good age to participate." violet tries to justify it, although she knew a four month engagement seemed quick; she wasnt attracted to the thought of holding onto the engagement when it could be official.

"are you hiring a wedding planner? i mean with the tour and violet working for the next month where are you guys going to find the time?" ayla was thrilled at the situation, although she was only trying to reason.

"i only work until five, most days theres so little going on that its hard to believe i couldnt multitask."

"youre going to multitask your wedding?" she laughs over to violet.

"you expect me to wait to marry her?" finn scoffs in amusement,
"ive waited long enough dont you think?"

"im just looking out for you" she puts her hands up in surrender,
"believe me ive been waiting for this too."

"maybe it wouldnt be so bad to delegate for the next coming months, it might open my window for other things."

"like the tour?" ayla pries in excitement to violet as she disregards.

"like our wedding." she laughs.

"tour bus's get boring."

"i haven't made a decision yet."

"but we definitely have enough room for you and luna so maybe you should decide." finns eyes glance to his fiancée in hope, not wanting to imagine the first month of engagement away from one another.

ayla smiles in agreement,
"oh! but no pressure."

1212 wc
good lord i must have rewrote this chapter at least ten times im so sorry