¹⁵

he watched her tentivly.

watched the way her silk tank top formed to her waist, the way her hair tickled the back of her arms in a straight fashion. he watched the way her eyes flickered back and forth to his computer screen, and the way her healthy body floated to his bed covers.

there was never a time when she didnt manage to squeeze the air from his lungs, and rip out his throat.

"why are you asking my opinion on this finn?" her light eyes flicker from the bright screen in front of her. staring at finn who stood centered in his room as if he were lost.

his shrug brings him over to her, he leaves some room between them on his bed. bodies above the covers as the ceiling fan blew goosebumps to their skin.
"its a big decision. we sort of made this apartment our apartment in the past, i guess i wasnt fully willing to let it go unless i knew that you were okay with it."

"i havent been in this apartment for years finn, my attatchment wasnt to this place; it was to you. i think that you should do it if thats what you want, but if its just a move to get maddie out of the house then i think you should just tell her."

silence cascades between the two as finn took a moment to think. it was a lot of everything in his life, but the most important aspect was luna. and how comfortable she would be.
"would you be willing to make the drive back and forth from west point?"

"thirty minutes isnt that far." violet shrugs, staring over to his eyes. she didnt look at them long, knowing well what typically occured when she did.
"its a beautiful house."

it took violet off gaurd a bit, for finn had always lived in a rather small upscale place. it taught her to be the same, to buy an average house despite having the income that she had. the new house he was looking at was large and secluded. much more than what she would ever expect from him, but she keeps it quiet.
"how long have you been sitting on it?"

"about a month now. i just dont really get the chance to sit and talk with you, you know? i didnt want to move forward without getting your intake on it."

she thanks him, clicking through the pictures of the house on the computer screen.
"im sure luna will love it."

"we had an appointment to look at it last week, actually."

"oh" her eyebrows raise, unexpected.

"she loved it and theres plenty of room for whoever. it really is worth the money."

she had hoped so for a five million dollar home. she kept her thoughts back, nodding as she closes the laptop; setting it aside on his bedside table. he watches her every move, studying the way her hair falls to her face before she pushes it behind her shoulders again.

"violet, i know ive been asking you for favors often but i have something to ask for."

her full name from his lips takes her off gaurd, her attention putting itself on him.
"what is it?"

"its a lot and maybe i can continue where i am but not if i finally want to move on with everything-"

"what is it, finn?"

"i want to do modeling fulltime."

her eyebrows furrow in the warm yellow light of his bedside lamp, staring at his face that began to run pale.
"the band?"

his head shakes,
"our final tour starts in the spring."

"what, happened?" her heart aches, she owed a lot to that band.

"we're just getting older" he stares to the black and white lined painting that still hung to his wall, back to violet.
"different priorities."

"im really sorry to hear that, finn."

"its just too bad that luna didnt get the chance to really grow up around that, you know? that would have been the best life for her."

"she still has them, and she still has you. she will have a good life no matter what because youre a good parent. we're good parents."

he nods, staring down to the dark colored comforter beneith him.

"let me show you something." violet reaches back for the laptop, typing quickly to sign into her work accounts as finn watches over her shoulder.

violet finds the page she was looking for, tilting the screen towards him with a red lined graph.
"our profit margin as gone up almost four percent recently, look at the date that it started."

"december third?"

"around the time that you sent out your first shoot. we have been flatlining for months until you came in, and put an incline in our profits more than we have gotten in the last six months." she looks over to him as his eyes shift from the screen, back to her. so close that she could pick out the black specks that trickled into his brown eyes.
"but i wasnt going to say anything to you because i know that ive pressured you into modeling for years. and i knew how tired you have grown from it. ive told you this a hundred times, but i will tell you it once more. youre more then just someone who stands on stage and sings, and not a lot of people get that opprotunity."

"i wish i had listened to you from the start. maybe then things between us wouldnt be the way they are now."

"you cant change whats already happened." she shrugs, setting the computer aside once more to talk with him.
"but you would be doing me a favor by going fulltime with us."

"thanks, vi."

"and if you need any help with the new house, or if you need me to watch luna or whatever. just let me know." she stands, beginning to collect her jacket and bag from the top of his dresser.

"youre leaving already?"

"you wanted me to stay until maddie fell asleep." she pulls her hair from her coat, situating her flats to her feet.
"its one in the morning, im sure shes out by now."

"yeah" he sighs, standing to meet her at the bedroom door.
"i dont know what im going to do with her."

"you want my advice? tell her to leave instead of asking. because while its great fun coming over and pretending to have sex with you, and then leaving once she falls asleep; i cant come over everynight. i have early mornings and long days, and soon, you will too."

he nods, staring to his feet.
"yeah, maybe youre right."

"i typically am" she smiles at him, wrapping her arms around his waist into a gentle hug. her hand reaches for the doornob as she tells him goodnight and makes her way out the front door quietly.

there were a lot of changes happening for finn, and he hoped that wouldnt change much. he was content with the relationship he had with violet and his daughter. content with having a new job lined up and a new house to start over in.

violet, wasnt content at all.

1155 wc

sorry for the lack of updating, im moving houses and things have been a mess lately lol