"get your things from your room, luna. moms here."
finn shoos his daughter off, heading for his front door.

he could never explain how he felt around violet anymore. he dreaded seeing her, a nervous sweat forming to his hands as he pulls the door open.

"oh! ayla, hey?"

"wheres luna?"

"its good to see you too." he smirks, leaning against his door frame.
"wheres violet?"

"she had to finish up some stuff at work."

his smile falls, arms crossed.
"course she did. you know, you would think she'd do whats best for her kid."

"you really want to talk about doing whats best for your kid?" ayla gets defensive, her eyes staring down the familiarity of his.

"what the fuck is that supposed to mean? im a good dad-"

she sighs, giving into the angered look her friend gave her.
"im not saying youre a bad dad, finn."

"then what?" he shoots back to her.

"i just think that you shouldnt be saying violet isnt doing whats best when you slept with her. you know that complicated everything-"

"violet really cant keep her mouth shut, huh."

"thats not the point!"

"i was drunk." he mumbles to his feet, arms holding himself in.

ayla scoffs, shifting her bag to her other shoulder, it was almost offensive.
"are you kidding? youre in your twenties finn, not sixteen. you dont get to blame anything on being drunk, thats bullshit."

"what else is it then a's? i dont love her."

she stares at him coldy, feeling luna slip by her dad to the tall girls leg.
"you are unbelievable."

"she doesn't love me-"

her hand throws up in front of herself to cut him off, her head shaking in rigorous disapproval.
"do you know how frustrating this is to watch? either be with her or forget it. shes too naive to let you go herself."

"thats bullshit, shes not too-"

"what has it been, ten years now?"

"what?"

"ten years almost, since you met."

his head nods lightly, his hair, that hadn't changed since he was a kid, breezes in his actions. a confused look sits to his face. lips parted, eyebrows furrowed lightly.

"you think she will let go after all the bullshit you put each other through?"

"you think i asked for our relationship to be like this?" he stares anger into her eyes.

"you could have prevented it-"

"prevented it? how!"

she stares at him in the middle of the argument, her lips firm with silence as she inspects her friend.
"i wish she wasnt in love with someone like you."

ayla walks away, lunas small hand in hers as she felt she conquered everything with the last word.

finn watches in silence, skimming in hurt until they were out of sight. he shuts his door, returning back to his kitchen where he previously had been. reflection masks his face, eyes locked as he thought thoroughly through everything he had felt. everything he was feeling.

his fist meets his counter tops out of anger, the echo ricocheting off the empty walls. his breath hitches in his throat as his palms meet his eyes.